5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Campaign can't be loaded any more

Unbenannt.png

Hi,

FGU shows a error message every time i start it now. My campaign is not available anymore and can't be loaded.

Some minutes ago i was in FGU and could work on my campaign. Then some of my windows apps stopped responding and so i shut down my pc. I could close the FGU program before though. After the restart everything works againg but FGU doesn't display my campaign anymore. I hope you can help me, my group is playing in 18 hours.

Have a look at this article; this should help you get up and running again. Make sure you make a backup of your campaign before you do anything else https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Please show a screen shot of the campaign widow in Windows Explorer with date, file size and extension shown.

More information how how to restore a backup here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+Earlier+Save

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thanks for the quick help. I have followed the instructions in this article and tried it with the last 3 sessions. No luck, it is still the same problem. 22.jpg

What is the error message reported?
    Can you show us the contents of the campaign.xml file?
    Also, can you show us the top page of the db.xml file?

Regards,
    JPG

Try starting a new campaign and then exit out of it. Copy the campaign.xml from that campaign and paste it into the campaign that is not working (effectively replacing that file in your problem campaign).
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    What is the error message reported?
    See my Screenshot in my opening post.

I'll post the file contents and try Zacchaeus' Method when I am home in 7 hours. Thanks.

@ Zacchaeus: No, this doesn't work either.
    @ Moon Wizard: Opened with the Editor there is nothing in campaign.xml.
    db.xml: Please see the attachment.

I hope there is the possibility to save at least the charactersheets and campaign notes if we dont find a solution..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Assuming you created a new campaign using the same ruleset, then copying the campaign.xml file from the new campaign to the old should have fixed the error reported in post #1.

Please attach the current campaign.xml file you have in your campaign directory.

Also, please confirm which ruleset you're using.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm using the PF2e Ruleset. Yes, i did that.
    Campaign.xml from my old campaign is attached.

Edit: Sorry, i tried it again and can now load my old campaign. The Error Message from Post 1 is gone, but now i have this one and no data like notes or characters when launching: See screenshot.

Edit: Also, when i try to import characters, the characters from my corrupted campaign doesn't show up (not in the old nor the new campaign).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Meckerdrache81; August 12th, 2022 at 16:12.

Thread Information