STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by darrenan View Post
    Which module was it? You say Codex which makes me wonder if it's the NPC codex modules I released a few years ago.
    It was the Ogre Glutton npc copied from the "Monster Codex" (Paizo licensed module)
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

I've reported the issue to the developer who created the PF1 codex.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    I've reported the issue to the developer who created the PF1 codex.

Regards,
    JPG
    I checked NPC codex tonight and the spells have been parsed in the same way as any product for pathfinder 1 using Par5e. There is nothing to "fix"

Regards,

Shadowcat

A little digging and I determined that the unedited Ogre Glutton npc does not have the spelldisplaymode tag defined in the base xml. I checked a couple other entries and found that the Ogre Stalker is also missing that xml tag and it also exhibits the same quirk. The plain Ogre npc does have the spelldisplaymode tag in the base xml, and it works as expected.
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; August 12th, 2022 at 02:32.

I just loaded up the module; and tried it out myself.

It's not something straightforward that I can address in the ruleset code currently, as it's a disconnect between an older tool used to create the creatures and creatures created natively in the interface. And the data in core ruleset modules is locked by design. This will only occur for creatures copied from modules, and customized by adding spells when they didn't have any before.

For now, locking the record will return the action buttons.

Regards,
    JPG

The correct behavior will also appear after a session restart in copies of the base npc - probably related to the spelldisplaymode hidden string field in the npc windowclass.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    The correct behavior will also appear after a session restart in copies of the base npc - probably related to the spelldisplaymode hidden string field in the npc windowclass.
    I noticed that as well - when I went back to try to recreate the issue, the previous npc records had mysteriously self-corrected, but new ones created exhibited the behavior. Given the unusual set of circumstances required to manifest the quirk, it's not worth spending time to fix IMO.

Thread Information