STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Change View on NPC Spell Tab

It seems like I should know how to do something as simple as this, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the spell list view from "Summary" to "Actions" on an NPC sheet.
    Untitled.jpg
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Blog Entries
    Im not sure if this is the full answer or not but you dont take actions from NPC sheets - you do them from the Combat Tracker.

Wow, not sure how you even got into Summary view!
    Perhaps due to an extension?
    As far as I'm aware, NPCs are always in Action view.

If you're comfortable editing your db.xml file (back it up first!) you can find the NPC listed in it and add this line:
    <spelldisplaymode type="string">action</spelldisplaymode>
    Last edited by bmos; August 11th, 2022 at 13:19.

Not a DM but I believe he wants the NPC version of the Display button on the Character Sheet.

Spell Display.JPG
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Quote Originally Posted by Morenu View Post
    Not a DM but I believe he wants the NPC version of the Display button on the Character Sheet.

Spell Display.JPG
    That was also my understanding.
    Keven's image shows one NPC in Summary view which, as I noted, isn't something you'd normally see in FG's PF/3.5E ruleset.

EDIT: unless the sheet is locked, as Trenloe mentions
    Last edited by bmos; August 11th, 2022 at 18:09.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    That was also my understanding.
    Keven's image shows one NPC in Summary view which, as I noted, isn't something you'd normally see in FG's PF/3.5E ruleset.
    you posted as I was screen shotting and typing.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Thanks for the guidance bmos - i'll try the xml edit. I have no idea how it happened either. I dragged a copy of the NPC from a Paizo "Codex" module into my campaign, and started editing to add some custom effect. When I'm back to my computer I'll try replicating he process - maybe the source has the view setting coded that way. The source didn't have any spell classes defined - i had to create one.
    Last edited by KevenSimmons; August 11th, 2022 at 15:14.
    If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right.

Im not sure if this is the full answer or not but you dont take actions from NPC sheets - you do them from the Combat Tracker.
    You can totally perform actions from an NPC sheet, AND the Combat Tracker. If you have an NPC with spells (in PF1 anyway), doing it from the NPC sheet is the only way, they don't show up in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by KevenSimmons View Post
    Thanks for the guidance bmos - i'll try the xml edit. I have no idea how it happened either. I dragged a copy of the NPC from a Paizo "Codex" module into my campaign, and started editing to add some custom effect. When I'm back to my computer I'll try replicating he process - maybe the source has the view setting coded that way. The source didn't have any spell classes defined - i had to create one.
    Which module was it? You say Codex which makes me wonder if it's the NPC codex modules I released a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by KevenSimmons View Post
    It seems like I should know how to do something as simple as this, but I can't seem to figure out how to change the spell list view from "Summary" to "Actions" on an NPC sheet.
    Untitled.jpg
    The view on the left is the usual behavior when editing an NPC, you normally see the view on the right when the NPC record is locked - but, for some reason, the hill giant is showing that view when unlocked.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information