5E Character Create Playlist

The "Author" extension from the Forge

I tried grabbing the "Author" extension from the Forge and it shows I own it. However, even after I run the "check for updates" on FGU, it still does not show up in the extensions list.

Blog Entries
    Each extension in the Forge is supposed to have a forum thread for it. You can find the link in the top left of the Forge page under the Last Updated tag. That thread is always the best place to ask questions about or report problems with an extension. In this case, the thread is: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Project-Author
    Last edited by LordEntrails; August 10th, 2022 at 16:35.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you. I'll check there.

@Temmpest - you may find that the recently released built-in reference manual builder a good alternative choice.

https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Manual+Builder
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I saw this. It's great except you have to make the entries twice. Once in the builder and once in the story entries. I thought the "Author" extension automatically populated the manual builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    It's great except you have to make the entries twice. Once in the builder and once in the story entries.
    With a recent update you can now copy the whole formatted text contents, maintaining formatting, fonts, headers, etc., from one formatted text field (e.g. a story entry) to another (e.g. a text entry in the reference manual). So, it's a quick process if you want to have reference manual and story records containing the same data.

It's up to you what you use. Personally, I'd use the built-in functionality - I don't have to load an extension, just use the new base functionality.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Got it. Thank you for the heads up!

Thread Information