DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Races and the Skills Field

Couldn't find any obvious answer and it appears that it might not have any actual use, but just in case....

In the Races portion of the AD&D ruleset, I noticed that the Other tab has a text field called Skills. I could obviously put things in there, but it appears that it has no actual effect on a character sheet when that race is added to a character sheet. Is there a trick to this or is it just a reference field and if you wanted to have those Skills associated with a Race, you'd need to add them manually thereafter. None of the Core Rulebook races make use of it.

Thanks!

PS: I converted Dragonlance for use in FG and the races within it have skills associated with them (such as a Barbarian's Survival and Tracking).
    Ultimate License Owner since 2011 and FG GM since 2008
    Game Systems: 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, Call of Cthulhu, RoleMaster, C&C, Pathfinder 2, Old School Essentials

Home Page: ShadeRaven Sorceries (Blog, Fantasy & Campaign Stories, Cat Tales, and more)

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Couldn't find any obvious answer and it appears that it might not have any actual use, but just in case....

In the Races portion of the AD&D ruleset, I noticed that the Other tab has a text field called Skills. I could obviously put things in there, but it appears that it has no actual effect on a character sheet when that race is added to a character sheet. Is there a trick to this or is it just a reference field and if you wanted to have those Skills associated with a Race, you'd need to add them manually thereafter. None of the Core Rulebook races make use of it.

Thanks!

PS: I converted Dragonlance for use in FG and the races within it have skills associated with them (such as a Barbarian's Survival and Tracking).
    The skills field was a left over from the original port over from base code I started with and is not much use. I dont think there is actually any race that gets actual "skills" but they do get things like "detect sloping passage 1d6" etc...

To date, skills have not had a use in races but if they get racial features I would put them in the race traits.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Thread Information