Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    I was just messing around with it and the Wild Magic Surge table doesn't trigger if using "Manual" dice rolls.
    What other extensions are you using, if any?

It seems to work fine from my testing. It automatically puts the table roll into the manual dice queue

Last edited by GEONE; August 12th, 2022 at 17:03.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    What other extensions are you using, if any?

It seems to work fine from my testing. It automatically puts the table roll into the manual dice queue

I'm using A LOT of extensions, so it appears to be conflict. I'll try to hunt down the conflict this weekend and report back. Thanks!

Upon further review, we can chalk this report up to user error. Seems to work just fine with manual rolls. Apologies for the false alarm.

I like this.

One of my biggest peeves is that when a PC rolls a crit fail, I have my own tables for the effects and have to manually open them up to roll on those tables. Do you know whether it would be possible to link custom tables up to crit fails (and crit hits even)? Maybe something like that already exists and I've missed it??

Quote Originally Posted by WinterSoldier7 View Post
    I like this.

One of my biggest peeves is that when a PC rolls a crit fail, I have my own tables for the effects and have to manually open them up to roll on those tables. Do you know whether it would be possible to link custom tables up to crit fails (and crit hits even)? Maybe something like that already exists and I've missed it??
    I believe you can either edit the existing tables, or create your own. If you are creating your own, the tables have to be exactly named "Critical Hit" and "Fumble" respectively. But as long as the "Fumble and Critical Hit Tables" module is not loaded and the "Attack: Fumble/Crit" setting is enabled, then it should automatically roll on whatever table is titled "Critical Hit" and "Fumble".
    Last edited by GEONE; August 17th, 2022 at 19:09. Reason: Spelling

Think I've screwed myself over there then, as I have mutliple tables depending on the type of damage

I was experimenting with ext and I see that the cast button (far left side of the spell) is the trigger. I was wondering if you are aware of the Arcane Ward ext? I use it but it adds a new casting button. The main thing the casting button it makes does is track spell slots. It would be cool if they could work together so you don't have to click the cast button to resolve the wild magic roll. Not sure if that is possible or even if you would want to, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    I was experimenting with ext and I see that the cast button (far left side of the spell) is the trigger. I was wondering if you are aware of the Arcane Ward ext? I use it but it adds a new casting button. The main thing the casting button it makes does is track spell slots. It would be cool if they could work together so you don't have to click the cast button to resolve the wild magic roll. Not sure if that is possible or even if you would want to, just a thought.
    That is something that the Arcane Ward developers would have to handle on their end. Their extension has the higher load order and adds a new cast button instead of modifying the existing one, meaning I can't change any behaviour without it being overwritten or reference any of their additions.

They already have integrations with some other extensions like Constitutional Amendments and Spell Action Info, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, although I doubt they will since those are much larger and more extensive extensions than this one.

Currently, the two extensions are 100% compatible with each other, but not integrated with one another. You just need to click both cast buttons; one for the cast and spell slot usage, and the other for the wild magic check.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    That is something that the Arcane Ward developers would have to handle on their end. Their extension has the higher load order and adds a new cast button instead of modifying the existing one, meaning I can't change any behaviour without it being overwritten or reference any of their additions.

They already have integrations with some other extensions like Constitutional Amendments and Spell Action Info, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, although I doubt they will since those are much larger and more extensive extensions than this one.

Currently, the two extensions are 100% compatible with each other, but not integrated with one another. You just need to click both cast buttons; one for the cast and spell slot usage, and the other for the wild magic check.
    Thanks for the feedback.

My player wants to roll on the Wild magic table for all spells and cantrips. But I can't get this to work:

Once per turn, the DM can have you roll a d20 immediately after you cast a sorcerer cantrip or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a magical effect.

It was working OK with the default wording, so it's not a conflict.

EDIT: Sorted

Once per turn, the DM can have you roll a d20 immediately after you cast a sorcerer cantrip | spell of 1st level or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a magical effect.
    Last edited by spoonhead; September 15th, 2022 at 11:54.

Thread Information