5E Character Create Playlist
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    would it be possible to have custom naming for the ability that this occurs under? I'm assuming not. It's totally fine. I just wanted to ask, just in case!
    If not custom is it possible for other text to exist in like, a parenthesis ? If not, again, I totally get it.
    You can give your spells any name you want and the extension should work just fine. The extension only cares about the level of the spell

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Hi, Greg! I've added the ability to specify up to 8 different schools of magic that will trigger a Wild Magic Surge check, the new usage statement syntax is:

Code:
    Once per turn, the DM can have you roll [a | an] <Roll> immediately after you cast <a | an> [sorcerer | <School>] <cantrip | spell of #[st|nd|rd|th] level> [or higher | or lower]. If you roll a # [or higher | or lower], roll on the <Table Name> table to create a magical effect.
    Where <School> can be up to 8 comma-separated schools of magic (i.e. "transmutation, illusion, or necromancy" or "enchantment or abjuration" or just "evocation").

Here's an example of it:

Once per turn, the DM can have you roll a d20 immediately after you cast a divination spell of 1st level or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Wild Magic Surge table to create a magical effect.

It is of course entirely optional, and you don't have to specify any school of magic if you don't want that to affect the Wild Magic Surge in any way.
    Ok, another request related to this. Is it possible to have this extension trigger different surge tables for each magic school? So, you could have an Evocation surge when casting Evocation spells or Conjuration surge from Conjuration spells. Maybe you could add that? Would be great, thanks.

Also, noticed an error. The ability score modifier isn't being counted on the saving throw check. I set it to make Charisma save, DC10 + the spell level. It calculates the DC as it should but it's only counting the base die roll without the Charisma mod. Like for DC11, if the die roll is 10, it fails even with a +4 modifier.
    Last edited by SylvanSnake; March 28th, 2023 at 17:53.

Anyone know if this is compatible with Xelab's Combat Automation extension?

Looks like there is a conflict with B9's spell domains ext.
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C: power_item_header:usepowerDomain"]:3: attempt to call field 'usePower' (a nil value)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    Looks like there is a conflict with B9's spell domains ext.
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "C: power_item_header:usepowerDomain"]:3: attempt to call field 'usePower' (a nil value)
    window.usePower is a deprecated function, the new function is PowerManagerCore.usePower. The Spell Domains extension will need to be updated for use in Fantasy Grounds 5E Ruleset (2023-02)

Alternatively, if you're using an older version of the 5E Ruleset, I've attached an up-to-date version of the extension that should work on versions prior to 2023-02
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GEONE; June 4th, 2023 at 12:21. Reason: Updated to 1.4.1

Quote Originally Posted by mdrichey View Post
    Anyone know if this is compatible with Xelab's Combat Automation extension?
    Xelab's Combat Automation extension also seems to override the icon_usepower template's script (the star button next to a spell, which you need to click to initiate a wild magic surge check), so this would not be compatible with it.

I'd try to make compatibility patch, but the extension costs $10 and I would rather not bite that bullet just to find out if a compatibility patch is feasible or not.
    Last edited by GEONE; March 29th, 2023 at 03:38.

window.usePower is a deprecated function, the new function is PowerManagerCore.usePower. The Spell Domains extension will need to be updated for use in Fantasy Grounds 5E Ruleset (2023-02)

Alternatively, if you're using an older version of the 5E Ruleset, I've attached an up-to-date version of the extension that should work on versions prior to 2023-02
    Thanks. I am using the current ruleset. I will pass this along to B9.

Xelab's Combat Automation extension also seems to override the icon_usepower template's script (the star button next to a spell
    It certainly does!

I'd try to make compatibility patch, but the extension costs $10
    I'll gift it to you, if you PM me the email address you use on DM's Guild. It's a great extension and it would be fantastic if automated wild magic surge could be integrated.

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    Also, noticed an error. The ability score modifier isn't being counted on the saving throw check. I set it to make Charisma save, DC10 + the spell level. It calculates the DC as it should but it's only counting the base die roll without the Charisma mod. Like for DC11, if the die roll is 10, it fails even with a +4 modifier.
    Thanks for reporting this, I've fixed the issue!

Quote Originally Posted by SylvanSnake View Post
    Ok, another request related to this. Is it possible to have this extension trigger different surge tables for each magic school? So, you could have an Evocation surge when casting Evocation spells or Conjuration surge from Conjuration spells. Maybe you could add that? Would be great, thanks.
    This is a super cool idea, but it unfortunately would be beyond the scope of this extension. It would require much more text parsing and formatting than I would like to fit into this relatively simple extension.

Edit: I've added support for multiple Wild Magic Surge features on the same character sheet. You should now be able to emulate the requested feature by having multiple Wild Magic Surge features on your character sheet, one for each school of magic you wish to trigger a surge for. Each feature can have a different table that will be rolled on when a spell of that school is cast (and the Wild Magic Surge check fails).

i.e. a character could have all three of these features on their character sheet:

Wild Magic Surge
    ... roll a d20 immediately after you cast an evocation spell of 1st level or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Evocation Surge table to create a magical effect.
    Wild Magic Surge
    ... roll a d20 immediately after you cast a conjuration spell of 1st level or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Conjuration Surge table to create a magical effect.
    Wild Magic Surge
    ... roll a d20 immediately after you cast an abjuration spell of 1st level or higher. If you roll a 1, roll on the Abjuration Surge table to create a magical effect.
    So long as you have 3 tables named "Evocation Surge", "Conjuration Surge", and "Abjuration Surge".
    Last edited by GEONE; March 31st, 2023 at 20:04.

Thanks to mdrichey's generosity, this extension should now be compatible with Xelab's Combat Automation extension. When using that extension, Automatic Wild Magic Surge will take into account upcasted spell levels and unused spell slots.

Thread Information