5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 6 of 6 First ... 456
    Great ext, thanks you!

"Limitations:
    This currently does not work for limited-use (checkbox) spells. It would be trivial to add this functionality, but it would require creating a copy of the entire power_counter.lua script just to add a single line of code to it, which would mean this extension would likely conflict with any future update to the 5E ruleset that changes the power_counter.lua script."

So if my barbarian has a rage with checkboxes, he won't be able to use this extension?

Quote Originally Posted by Halahad View Post
    Great ext, thanks you!
    So if my barbarian has a rage with checkboxes, he won't be able to use this extension?
    Rage isn't a spell, and barbarians usually don't have the wild magic feature anyway.

That sentence you quoted meant to say that wild magic surges won't be automatically rolled for spells that have checkboxes, sorry if that wasn't very clear. The extension itself won't interfere with regular gameplay for any character that doesn't have the Wild Magic Surge feature. Even if your character does have the Wild Magic Surge feature, they can still use checkbox spells normally; the wild magic surge just won't automatically roll like it would if it wasn't a limited-use/checkbox spell.
    Last edited by GEONE; September 29th, 2023 at 00:10.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    Rage isn't a spell, and barbarians usually don't have the wild magic feature anyway.

That sentence you quoted meant to say that wild magic surges won't be automatically rolled for spells that have checkboxes, sorry if that wasn't very clear. The extension itself won't interfere with regular gameplay for any character that doesn't have the Wild Magic Surge feature. Even if your character does have the Wild Magic Surge feature, they can still use checkbox spells normally; the wild magic surge just won't automatically roll like it would if it wasn't a limited-use/checkbox spell.
    Got it, sorry, I was inattentive. Is it possible to add support for the Barbarian with the path of wild magic specialization? Barbarian has the "Wild Surge" feature, which is not very different in functionality from the "Wild Magic Surge" that Sorcerer has. I assume that the problem that you will need to do this for one specific action on the character sheet - Rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Halahad View Post
    Is it possible to add support for the Barbarian with the path of wild magic specialization? Barbarian has the "Wild Surge" feature, which is not very different in functionality from the "Wild Magic Surge" that Sorcerer has. I assume that the problem that you will need to do this for one specific action on the character sheet - Rage.
    I'm sorry, that's not in the scope of this extension. The point of this extension is to automate Sorcerer spells to roll their surge when they cast a spell, because sorcerers are casting spells nearly every turn; Barbarians usually only enter a rage once in an encounter, so it isn't in as dire a need of automation as spells are.

But if you still want, you can replicate this functionality already by making the Rage action have a spell level (you can do this by unlocking the rage action's record and putting any number in the 'level' number box), and then give yourself the Wild Magic Surge feature on your character sheet (or just create a new feature called "Wild Magic Surge" and copy-and-paste the text from the wild magic surge feature). Then whenever you enter a rage, it will roll a wild magic surge automatically. You would just have to make sure you don't have any spells on your Barbarian since those spells would also trigger a wild magic roll.

If you are using checkboxes, you would instead need to make a separate rage action that is not limited-use, and then click the star next to it whenever you enter a rage. But I'm not sure if this is any more convenient than just manually rolling on a table when you rage.

EDIT: Make sure to change "roll on the Wild Magic Surge table" in the feature's text to "roll on the Wild Magic table" so it uses the Barbarian's Wild Magic table instead of the Sorcerer's
    Last edited by GEONE; September 29th, 2023 at 08:23.

Quote Originally Posted by GEONE View Post
    That is something that the Arcane Ward developers would have to handle on their end. Their extension has the higher load order and adds a new cast button instead of modifying the existing one, meaning I can't change any behaviour without it being overwritten or reference any of their additions.

They already have integrations with some other extensions like Constitutional Amendments and Spell Action Info, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, although I doubt they will since those are much larger and more extensive extensions than this one.

Currently, the two extensions are 100% compatible with each other, but not integrated with one another. You just need to click both cast buttons; one for the cast and spell slot usage, and the other for the wild magic check.
    I asked the author of Arcane Ward to check this out and he said he fixed it! Tested it and seems to be working great.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post703406
    -MrDDT
    Discord @mrddt

Really click this link and vote for your FGU wishes, more votes is more likely to get done and get what you want done.
    http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/
    Vote For Idea to Default Modules to GM Only
    Vote For Idea to Give GM More Hotkey Options
    Vote For Idea to Disable Dice Animations

Is there any way this can be set up to roll on the wild magic surge table twice if the Controlled Chaos feature is present?

Controlled Chaos is the 14th-level Wild Magic sorcerer feature. Its description reads: "At 14th level, you gain a modicum of control over the surges of your wild magic. Whenever you roll on the Wild Magic Surge table, you can roll twice and use either number."

Thread Information