FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Properties and type etc in Weapon fields

Hi all

I have tried to make a spell bane sword in PF1.. you know the one that has bane on it against spell-casters. Now... I have looked at the wiki and done some searching, but I can't seem to find this basic info: What do the individual fields in the "weapon" box mean? Do I put slashing and piercing under type or property and what about magic, adamantine etc?
    Also, can somebody explain as if I'm a 3 year old what the Damage fields are meant to mean? Dice, is self explanatory, but Mult x Stat (Max) + Bonus.. and I'm very confused. A few examples would be great.

Cheers Ibrene
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm not terribly au-fait with PF1 but the properties contain properties like magic. The damage type goes in the field where you have put it. If there's more than one add then separated by a comma.

The boxes next to the dice allow you to specify damage multipliers. For example the damage might be a d6 multiplied by half the characters level or such like. The bonus box is for any magical (or other) bonuses.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OK, Not a 3 year old BUT here is How I made my DM happy with a house rule. +1 Strength Bow (16 STR +2 Dam) with +1 Arrows, Weapon Focus (+1 to hit), Weapon Specialization +3 Damage. PF1e/3.5

House Rules: +1 Bow and +1 Arrows Stack on to hit and damage. Weapon Critical hits doubles Dice and weapon bonus only, Ammo based weapons only double the highest Bonus (weapon OR ammunition).

Strength Bow.JPG

A: To Hit: DEX bonus + 2 (+1 for the bow and +1 for the arrows)
    B: +1 on all attacks from Weapon Focus feat (this could also be done via letter A instead) Essentially A and B do the same thing except B allows you to modify each attack individually
    C: Damage Die of the weapon (arrow is 1d8)
    D: Bonus of 1 for the Ammo +1 Critical is a x3 multiplier [so (1d8+1)x3]
    E: Strength Bow damage max of +2 damage (so an 18 strength still only adds +2)
    F: Remaining bonuses: +1 for the Bow and +3 for weapon specialization. Critical x1 (so no change on a crit)
    G: Set the critical multiplier for the row

So in this case, the Bow does (1d8+1)+6 and (1d8+1)x3+6 on a natural 20
    Last edited by Morenu; August 9th, 2022 at 04:11.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

40+ PF1e Extensions & Modules I use, with links.

PF1E Coding Effects - Spreadsheet

Discord: Morenu

Absolutely brilliant. I'm going to PDF your answer for reference.. This should be a wiki entry, ha ha
    Cheers Ibrene

Glad it helped. Check out the links in my signature (still a work in progress) but I use a ton of extensions and the learning curve has been steep but well worth it. Glad to give back some of what others have helped me with.
    My First Mod PFRPG - Feats Extended, focusing on PF1e Feats and Racial Traits automation. It is open to community assistance. Here is the forum Link.

For Pathfinder 1e/3.5 I am trying to design a weapon that gives a +2 bonus to perception when wielded. I have gone through the forums but cannot seem to find anything that works. Any ideas?

There is an extension that lets you put effects on items that "turn on" when equipped. so SKILL: 2 perception added to the weapon should do it. now let me figure out the extension...

having trouble figuring out which extension adds it, but it looks like this on the item (The "effect" on the brooch is just a label that we can manually edit as it is used) my signature has links to the extensions I use. hopefully someone can respond here with the right one, I am out of time

Item Effect.PNG
    Last edited by Morenu; May 25th, 2023 at 12:46.

Screenshot 2023-05-25 082649.png
    That is the window I get when I try to modify a weapon. I do not see any place to add an effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

oops added post twice.
    Last edited by DamonKarras; May 25th, 2023 at 13:47. Reason: did not mean to post twice

Hi DamonKarras,
    I think Morenu mentioned that there is an extension that does that. It sounds like a bmos or Kelrugem extension... But I could be wrong.. Let me do a little bit of searching..

Thread Information