Hello all,

I'd like to cast a line out and see if there's a catch for my present interest. Long story short, I'm interested in joining a considerate, friendly group (had a run of trouble with getting recruited by the crude and vulgar recently, as a fellow DM puts it) for the long term! If the game is ongoing and without a planned end, so be it. I miss AD&D, and it would be a thrill to join a dedicated weekly group. I have Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate and all of the AD&D books there are to nab, so I'm prepared to create just about anything to compliment both your party and my own interests!

With respect to campaign settings, my favorite is Faerun - sorry to be cliche - but I enjoy several others, and homebrew worlds are also welcome based upon the details. I have no issue whatsoever with joining a game which has already started as someone who is woven into the story as a new companion. In fact, this is almost preferred, as I admittedly have low level burnout after decades of cycling through the low level wheel without ever making it very far beyond unless the campaigns are designed to start at higher levels. If you have that going on, hey, that's welcome as well!

Role-playing is very important to me as a player of D&D, as a former voice actor, and as a DM. I would fit best with groups which enjoy portraying their characters during play and taking in the world, rather than running from one combat scene to the next. AD&D 2E is so wonderfully nuanced, a DM with willingness to let players go off the rails and enjoy the world as a sandbox can do all sorts of things beyond just that. If there's an at least even interest in combat and role-playing, then that's worth considering for me.

Hopefully, all of this sounds reasonable! For the right group and setting, I am ready to join for the long term and enjoy seeing the stories of our characters progress, as well as the impact of our deeds as they shape the setting and our place in it!

SUMMARY

System: Fantasy Grounds Unity Ultimate, Fantasy Grounds Classic Demo
Ruleset Sought: AD&D 2E
Seeking: A long term, potentially even ongoing, adventure through virtually any established campaign world! Faerun is my cliche favorite setting, but I'll consider others and even homebrew, details depending. Role-playing is very important to me and should at least make up half of the focus of the sessions. I'm looking for a civil, friendly group (had a bad run with the crude, vulgar sorts recently) to play alongside and enjoy watching as we grow together and shape the gameworld. GM, are you letting your players go off the rails and roam the sandbox? That's another win with me!
Times: I am available from 3pm to 10pm EST (11pm on occasion, as needed), and am looking for weekly sessions. At this time, any day will work. Three to four hour sessions would be just fine.
Payment: I am able to pay via Verified PayPal, and I'm also open to using StartPlaying if that's your approach. Would prefer around $15/week, negotiable! I'm physically disabled and don't have the budget for immensely expensive games, unfortunately.
Contact: You can private message me here, but you'll get noticed and replied to much faster via Discord - Legacy Ark Games#0725