DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LFP – Need 2-3 Players, Tue Night, 8:30 pm EDT, 5e Spelljammer Homebrew

FG License: Unity Ultimate License

Game System: Dungeons & Dragons 5e set in Homebrew Spelljammer Campaign

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)

Day of week and time: Tuesday Nights, from 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm (though we may run a bit later sometimes)

If new game, planned start date: August 23, 2022

Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hours Weekly

Term: This is a Homebrew game so there is no set term, and Ideally we would build a group that could continue to game together beyond the end of this campaign, that is one of my goals

Text or Voice: Voice Only

Voice software used: Discord

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: This will not be recorded or Streamed

Roleplay & Combat mix: The goal is for a good split of about 50/50 or close to it

Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 2 in game with 2 - 3 needed (we have 1 more coming at some point when he becomes available)
    I am only looking for players 30 or older at this time. Given the age of myself and the current players in the group, and past experiences, that is what I think has the best chance of long-term success.

Character starting level & equipment: Starting level: 2/ Standard starting equipment

Character restrictions: - No Evil Alignment/ No Limitless Racial Flight/ No Innate (Racial) Magic Resistance. No Twilight Domain Clerics. Otherwise, official races & classes are free to play, including what becomes available in the new Spelljammer books, such as the new races that will become available, as well as a few Third-Party books that I have that you can look at should you join the campaign. I am very amenable to customization, especially for flavor and backstory, as long as it doesn’t unbalance the character or overshadow other players.

Details of your scenario: This is a Homebrew campaign. While I do have a rather detailed scenario to share with players to give them a good sense of the world they will be adventuring in, I don’t want to clog up this ad any more than it already is by posting all of it here, so I will give the brief premise here. This is a Homebrew campaign that will be run with the new Spelljammer rules, though I intend to borrow at least some elements from the 2e version of Spelljammer. This will involve Fantasy and Sci-Fi, so you could lean strongly into either of those directions, and is intended to be about what the players want, what they decide, the outcomes and consequences of their actions on the Realm in which they find themselves. Yes, you will have a full Realm of Wildspace to explore, which will include many Homebrewed and Official locations, adventures, NPC’s and lore, and your decisions, and history, will have great influence on what transpires. Should you join our party, you will be given the full background and starting scenario and we will work together to figure out where your character has been, and what their goals are before we begin.

About the group and me: This will be my first time DMing a full campaign, though I have run a bunch of One and Two-shots in the past. The players that are in the group so far have been playing together with me for almost 2 years, so it’s a very welcoming, cohesive and friendly group that you will be joining, one that is looking to build and expand so we can continue to game together with a full group, as I have finally grown comfortable enough to try my hand at running a campaign.

The most important things are going to be maturity and how anyone who comes in fits with the established group, but it is a very accepting and open-minded group who really has a passion for TTRPG’s when we get together, and a group that is actively looking for new members to become a part of our group, not just this one game, though if you want to just play in this game that is fine too.

I have been using Fantasy Grounds for over a year and a half, and while I am no expert, I know the program fairly well, as do the other players in this group, and I am willing to accept anyone new and/ or inexperienced with the program if they are interested. I am also willing to take players who have little to no experience with D&D, provided they are willing to put in real effort to learn and their interest is not fleeting. As I mentioned, fit is the most important thing, so don’t be shy even if you are new. So, if you think you would get along with a group of 30 and 40 somethings who have a passion for Roleplaying, then send me a message and we can talk and we can see if it would be a good fit!

Any SJ Slots Left?

Hey there. I'm a forty-something long time roleplayer with experience playing and running spelljammer 2e and 3.5 and 5e conversions. If you have slots left I'd love to join. I've been running mainly for my kids the past several years, and am looking for a permanent group if there's one with the right chemistry. I'm sure with the new rules dropping you probably filled up quick, but shooting my shot anyway!

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Morphling17 View Post
    FG License: Unity Ultimate License

Game System: Dungeons & Dragons 5e set in Homebrew Spelljammer Campaign

Time Zone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)

Day of week and time: Tuesday Nights, from 8:30 pm – 11:30 pm (though we may run a bit later sometimes)

If new game, planned start date: August 23, 2022

Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 hours Weekly

Term: This is a Homebrew game so there is no set term, and Ideally we would build a group that could continue to game together beyond the end of this campaign, that is one of my goals

Text or Voice: Voice Only

Voice software used: Discord

Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: This will not be recorded or Streamed

Roleplay & Combat mix: The goal is for a good split of about 50/50 or close to it

Number of Players in game & needed: Currently 2 in game with 2 - 3 needed (we have 1 more coming at some point when he becomes available)
    I am only looking for players 30 or older at this time. Given the age of myself and the current players in the group, and past experiences, that is what I think has the best chance of long-term success.

Character starting level & equipment: Starting level: 2/ Standard starting equipment

Character restrictions: - No Evil Alignment/ No Limitless Racial Flight/ No Innate (Racial) Magic Resistance. No Twilight Domain Clerics. Otherwise, official races & classes are free to play, including what becomes available in the new Spelljammer books, such as the new races that will become available, as well as a few Third-Party books that I have that you can look at should you join the campaign. I am very amenable to customization, especially for flavor and backstory, as long as it doesn’t unbalance the character or overshadow other players.

Details of your scenario: This is a Homebrew campaign. While I do have a rather detailed scenario to share with players to give them a good sense of the world they will be adventuring in, I don’t want to clog up this ad any more than it already is by posting all of it here, so I will give the brief premise here. This is a Homebrew campaign that will be run with the new Spelljammer rules, though I intend to borrow at least some elements from the 2e version of Spelljammer. This will involve Fantasy and Sci-Fi, so you could lean strongly into either of those directions, and is intended to be about what the players want, what they decide, the outcomes and consequences of their actions on the Realm in which they find themselves. Yes, you will have a full Realm of Wildspace to explore, which will include many Homebrewed and Official locations, adventures, NPC’s and lore, and your decisions, and history, will have great influence on what transpires. Should you join our party, you will be given the full background and starting scenario and we will work together to figure out where your character has been, and what their goals are before we begin.

About the group and me: This will be my first time DMing a full campaign, though I have run a bunch of One and Two-shots in the past. The players that are in the group so far have been playing together with me for almost 2 years, so it’s a very welcoming, cohesive and friendly group that you will be joining, one that is looking to build and expand so we can continue to game together with a full group, as I have finally grown comfortable enough to try my hand at running a campaign.

The most important things are going to be maturity and how anyone who comes in fits with the established group, but it is a very accepting and open-minded group who really has a passion for TTRPG’s when we get together, and a group that is actively looking for new members to become a part of our group, not just this one game, though if you want to just play in this game that is fine too.

I have been using Fantasy Grounds for over a year and a half, and while I am no expert, I know the program fairly well, as do the other players in this group, and I am willing to accept anyone new and/ or inexperienced with the program if they are interested. I am also willing to take players who have little to no experience with D&D, provided they are willing to put in real effort to learn and their interest is not fleeting. As I mentioned, fit is the most important thing, so don’t be shy even if you are new. So, if you think you would get along with a group of 30 and 40 somethings who have a passion for Roleplaying, then send me a message and we can talk and we can see if it would be a good fit!

@sapperbill77, Sent you a message.
    Last edited by Morphling17; August 18th, 2022 at 05:34.

Thread Information