STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Extension question

I own lots of rob2e extensions, and I was trying to track down an error in my game. So I unloaded all of rob2e effects condions and restarted. When I looked at my module activation section, all of the rob2e extensions were loaded again. Are they suppose to do that?

Blog Entries
    Modules and extensions are different things. Extensions are enabled/disabled before you start your campaign and are saved in a file called extenstate.xml in your campaigns directory. Modules are loaded/unloaded in the module activation window after you have gone into your campaign and are stored in the modulestate.xml file. Both should remember what their last status was. The only times I've seen them not remember is when a) you don't have proper permissions to those files and so FG can't save them, or b) you have two instances of FG running with the same campaign and so you change it in one and then it gets overwritten by the other campaign on exit.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sorry I mean modules not extension in my original post. In my FG/campaign folder I have 6 currently all of them are different. I'm a paid DM and do this for a living. But no matter what campaign I switch to I unload all of the rob2e effects modules and restart and they show up loaded again in my modules.
    Last edited by Haer; August 7th, 2022 at 20:24.

I did just notice this. I'm also using Rob2e module updater, which is an extension. could that extension be causing the rob2e modules to be loaded ?

Blog Entries
    Exit FG. Delete the modulestate.xml file in one of your campaigns. Load the campaign, load the modules you want. Exit FG and check the modulestate.xml file. Reload the campaign and see if things are working correctly. Try loading a new file and unloading and existing ne, exit FG and restart, did the change take effect?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Ok this is weird. I deleted the modulestate.xml file in one of my campaigns. Restarted FG and loaded that campaign and all of my modules I had activated before I deleted it, were still loaded.

Blog Entries
    That is weird... makes me think that you have two installations of FG... or something stranger. Search your computer for fantasygrounds.exe and see if you have two. Or maybe search for your campaign name, maybe their is some confusion on where your FG data folder is?

I believe that some of the extensions provided by the rob2e team force load their modules when the campaign is started. If that's the case, you'll have to reach out to that team in order to ask them if they can disable that "feature".

Regards,
    JPG

One other other extension I use is Mad Nomads Module UI. I noticed that after I had done what LordEntrails asked me to do, I deleted the Modulestate file and restarted I did have to load the modules that I wanted. When I opened my modules, and I use Nomads Module UI which alters the module window and does other things all of rob2e modules were loaded. But when I opened the modulestate file. It only showed the modules I loaded but NOT any of the rob2e effects modules. I more confused now lol.
    Last edited by Haer; August 8th, 2022 at 10:53.

Thread Information