5E Character Create Playlist
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    Indeed, Kenku+TabletopAudio+Syrinscape+Youtube is just the perfect combo.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    In all honesty I have no idea what you mean as I haven’t seen what the bare bones it would like like in CoreRPG. If I’m understanding you correctly what you’re saying the new vehicles would be essentially unusable in CoreRPG without some degree of work.

From what’s been talked about I thought core would at least give us vehicle components with damage sections and allow us attach players/NPCs to. I guess that isn’t the case, so even the base CoreRPG won’t get anything.
    CoreRPG does not even have HP for PC's and Npcs. It doesn't because there are so many variations in what they look like and how they work between different systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Saying most people spend $11 on coffee daily is not remotely realistic and using that exaggeration is not good logic to defend the need of the subscription. Besides the cost, it is more the principle for me. The sound feature within FGU, which I have already paid for, is now locked behind an additional subscription service. That is more time and money needed to make use of the software you already own. So now you have to add an additional $11 a month to use sound when for FGU when you could have already invested significant money in a different sound solution/your own sounds for them to be locked out of FGU use.

I do hope FGU eventually enables usage of local sounds, though MW's statement makes it sound like that is very far off (if it comes at all).

I would be curious to know how many FGU users subscribe to Syrinscape versus not.
    I spend 5-6 dollars with a three dollar tip daily. So it's not an exaggerated estimate or blown out of proportion just because you do not. The point was simply, for me personally, I do not find syrinscape to be a crazy expense. With over 100,000 sounds its worth it to me personally, that is all. Also the point was made that I'm hopeful now that they've come this far that others who want a different option will be able to have one soon. In the meantime I'm sure if you're not a fan of syrinscape your already using watch2gether or some other platform for your music.

Blog Entries
    The integration with Syrinscape is something we have wanted to do for a very long time and we kept promising Syrinscape that we would work with them on it. They were mostly waiting on us for years while we had other projects prioritized ahead of them. One of those projects was the FG Forge and with it came a couple different options where you can play sounds. AudioOverseer is one of those and it is available for free on the FG Forge. It currently allows you to play sounds from Syrinscape or local files. We added support to FGU to allow for that and after competing request to lock file access down for security reasons (by another user), we have what we believe is a workable solution for that to satisfy both requests. This is what AudioOverseer is currently using.

Audio Overseer
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/94/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/579/view

Another Syrinscape only version available on the FG Forge
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/117/view
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/118/view

I thought there was another one, but I couldn't locate it.

Regardless, we might be able to expand upon the version we have built into FGU to also allow the playing of local files. Simply triggering local sounds won't mix them like Syrinscape currently does. We can discuss this internally as a future project if there is enough demand for it. It sounds like there might be.

What about a paid feature for a hired DJ to customize the musicscape for our game? /jk

I know I'd certainly be for being able to trigger local sounds/files. I have a Syrinscape subscription but have oodles of local music as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nylanfs View Post
    What about a paid feature for a hired DJ to customize the musicscape for our game? /jk
    I know a guy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dax Doomslayer View Post
    I know I'd certainly be for being able to trigger local sounds/files. I have a Syrinscape subscription but have oodles of local music as well.
    Triggering the local sound wouldn't be that difficult. We would need to look into sending it across the network though. Syrinscape's web player takes care of this for us. Normally, video games have all the sounds installed locally already and the sounds are all individually triggered locally. For local files that you have outside of FGU, those would need to go out to the other players in the game over the network and would that then that is a little different. Does that then count as broadcasting or distributing the file? We would need to research that further.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Triggering the local sound wouldn't be that difficult. We would need to look into sending it across the network though. Syrinscape's web player takes care of this for us. Normally, video games have all the sounds installed locally already and the sounds are all individually triggered locally. For local files that you have outside of FGU, those would need to go out to the other players in the game over the network and would that then that is a little different. Does that then count as broadcasting or distributing the file? We would need to research that further.
    Understood Doug. The networking aspect can always be the 'gotcha'. I just have all this sound and really don't use it. I appreciate the reply!!

We could probably do something similar to the existing extensions (i.e. just play the sound locally and let the GM set up the correct audio piping); but it does require us to refactor the UI a bit. Plus, I'm concerned that the average user will be confused by setting up "local sounds" and the correct "pipes" (i.e. so that local sounds are played to correct pipe only). We can always make it a second tier option, so it's more of a power user interface.

A generalized sound sharing interface is beyond the scope of this project, as it involves a completely new user asset type (i.e. including code for loading, sharing, etc.) as well as additional unknown amount of additional considerations for playing sounds (synchronization, soundboards, looping, scenes, etc.).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information