5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 5 First 1234 ... Last
    So if that’s the case, would it be possible in CoreRPG to get a setup option to toggle between standard (legacy) or advanced (new) modes for vehicles? Else, I presume we’ll never get it in CoreRPG unless all rulesets have been modified to support it right?

I'm not sure what you mean with your response. The code that makes vehicles possible, has it's foundation in CoreRPG with this updated code. The ruleset developer will need to use that foundation to make vehicles in the combat tracker possible. Many of the rulesets have removed CoreRPGs vehicle records and would need to be further enhanced to have them re-enabled. Once up and running with the CoreRPG vehicle records, it would need to be designed to work with the said system, like how NPC records are molded for each ruleset. After that, modules would need to be updated to use the new records and removal of their current solution. And the last bit would be to then setup how they would function within the combat tracker and within the system that it's being used. So there isn't exactly a toggle or option that needs to be setup. It's many things that would need to be done with each ruleset
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

In all honesty I have no idea what you mean as I haven’t seen what the bare bones it would like like in CoreRPG. If I’m understanding you correctly what you’re saying the new vehicles would be essentially unusable in CoreRPG without some degree of work.

From what’s been talked about I thought core would at least give us vehicle components with damage sections and allow us attach players/NPCs to. I guess that isn’t the case, so even the base CoreRPG won’t get anything.

No, CoreRPG won't have vehicles setup as seen in 5e when this code goes LIVE
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

I know not everyone can afford extra subs but Syrinscape is like 11.00 USD a month. Most people pay nearly that much at their coffee shop daily. I'm sure now that Smite works has implemented a working system with Syrinscape they'll be looking to make modifications to make it or something like it usable for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    In all honesty I have no idea what you mean as I haven’t seen what the bare bones it would like like in CoreRPG. If I’m understanding you correctly what you’re saying the new vehicles would be essentially unusable in CoreRPG without some degree of work.

From what’s been talked about I thought core would at least give us vehicle components with damage sections and allow us attach players/NPCs to. I guess that isn’t the case, so even the base CoreRPG won’t get anything.
    It's more of a "under the hood" update for CoreRPG if that makes sense for you.
    If you want vehicle support in a ruleset, it's best to reach out to the developer of said ruleset. There may also be extension developers willing to take up tasks.

Example for the NPC import stuff 5e got some weeks ago:
    - This was only functionally added to 5e
    - The behind-the-scene work was added to CoreRPG

I was able to relatively easy take the existing code frameworks and write my own Spell & NPC importer for my own ruleset.

So, the tools for better vehicles support are coming soon for CoreRPG, the actual implementation in other rulesets is in the hand of the ruleset dev or community devs.

Quote Originally Posted by djbreaktime View Post
    I know not everyone can afford extra subs but Syrinscape is like 11.00 USD a month. Most people pay nearly that much at their coffee shop daily. I'm sure now that Smite works has implemented a working system with Syrinscape they'll be looking to make modifications to make it or something like it usable for everyone.
    Saying most people spend $11 on coffee daily is not remotely realistic and using that exaggeration is not good logic to defend the need of the subscription. Besides the cost, it is more the principle for me. The sound feature within FGU, which I have already paid for, is now locked behind an additional subscription service. That is more time and money needed to make use of the software you already own. So now you have to add an additional $11 a month to use sound when for FGU when you could have already invested significant money in a different sound solution/your own sounds for them to be locked out of FGU use.

I do hope FGU eventually enables usage of local sounds, though MW's statement makes it sound like that is very far off (if it comes at all).

I would be curious to know how many FGU users subscribe to Syrinscape versus not.

Quote Originally Posted by djbreaktime View Post
    I do not spend ten bucks a day at a coffee shop, and in fact, I don't know anyone who does. Ten dollars a month would still be $120 a year. I really can't see spending $120 a year on sound effects, and to be honest, I don't like subscriptions. That's why I don't use Roll20.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Saying most people spend $11 on coffee daily is not remotely realistic and using that exaggeration is not good logic to defend the need of the subscription.
    I spend like $20/month on coffee and drink it daily... I've seen estimates that social reproduction takes around $100-120/day in the US, so saying the average person spends 10% of that for just coffee is rather silly.

One of my GM's uses Syrinscape and, while it has some benefits, I find it pretty repetitive and many of the sound effects are way too exaggerated. I'd much prefer integration with something like the Kenku discord bot (or just native sounds).
    Last edited by bmos; August 7th, 2022 at 15:29.

Likewise, I’ve bought some Cthulhu sets and manually trigger them to Discord audio pipe during play but don’t see myself sinking cash into a subscription. Can’t wait to have the integration as it’ll certainly make things easier to tie into game play. I just don’t play enough high fantasy games to really get value for money out of a subscription. I’ve either written my own music or have other tracks I’d rather use. The BBC sound effects library is amazing for samples and general foley sounds. I just hope that we might find a way to leverage the triggers to play local sounds so they can be streamed in the same way as I do currently. The audio playlists in Roll20 and Foundry VTT are a big plus, so it’s nice to see FGU doing the same.

Thread Information