DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

Chronicles of Darkness Ruleset

Here is the first public release.
    This is a low automation ruleset.
    Health has limited Automation - there is no automatic application of damage.
    It should calculate most stats once you spend points.

To make rolls you double click the Stat and the Skill and then the Pool.
    Make a mistake - use the reset Icon on the pool.
    Health uses an Icon Cycler which always has a glitch where the first click doesnt do anything. Ctrl+Click to go backwards. Adjust health yourself (or Keeper).
    Integrity rolls work
    Init rolls work - use Init Mod - it will take into account the Init Mod of any equipped weapons.
    Add Weapons to the Inventory and they will appear in Attacks also.
    Double click Will reports to chat

I think thats about it.

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/732/view

Ive never played the game. Im open to constructive feedback. Hope you enjoy.

I would say maybe a Merits tab on the side where you can put all the merits in and drag them to the sheet. Everything looks really good though. I love the theme you made.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Merit campaign tool added. It really just allows drag and drop and creating a library of Merits.
    sweet! Thank you!

First impression is really really good. The dice pool integrated into the charactersheet is inspired... really makes you wonder why the official vampire ruleset didn't do that?

I wish you would put a dice roller on to NPC sheets. Just move the attributes a bit together and there should be amble space for it there. I mean.. Ideally I wouldn't have the old standard "NPC's are a stat block thing" and a real charactersheet for them, but hey. Give me a dice pool and space for skills, and I will be a very happy panda. I just don't want to be forced to used the combat tracker for npc rolling. Please.

What this ruleset really needs in order for it to take off and be great is integration of all the different kind of monsters you can play / face in Chronicles of Darkness: vampires, werewolves, demons, geists, hunters, prometheans, mages.. .and so on. And the ability to add all the powers they use into a module.

The reason why I mention all these things together, is because Chronicles of Darkness is a shared universe and having the ability to use whatever fits your take on that world would be absolutely fantastic!

I feel that Chronicles of Darkness is an underappreciated game system, and I am very very happy it gets some love. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Ive added support for making rolls from the NPC sheet - Im not a fan - I think the CT is much easier than juggling 6 extra sheets but the option is now there. From my limited exposure to the system the NPC Stat blocks have Stat scores built into the Skill rolls so be aware of that when rolling.

Available in the forge now.

Thread Information