5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Power Up

Power Up

Power Up
    Current Version: 1.5
    Updated:: 10/10/22

Power Up is Fantasy Grounds extension that allows a user to see the name of extensions that have been updated since the last time the campaign was loaded. Power Up also allows for customization and control of the loading on player modules by the GM.

The slash command /powerup will show which extensions have been updated since the last time the campaign was loaded.

The slash command: /powerupman will show which extensions have been updated since the last time /powerupman was run on the host.

Options
    Name Default Options Notes
    Chat: Post new extension versions on Load off off/on When on, will post the results of /powerup to the chat window when the table is loaded (Scroll to the top).
    Modules: Client autoload player modules off off/on When on, will autoload all player loadable modules on the client(s).
    Modules: Client only load GM player modules off off/on When on, will only allow loading of player modules specified by the GMs campaign.

Extension Devs:

For PowerUp to process your extension correctly you need to have a version in your extension.xml file
    <version>X.Y</version>
    FG doesn't process micro versions so X.Y.Z the Z gets stripped off and it also doesn't like any characters, only numbers.

Alternatively, If you want to use your own version string you can register with PowerUp with the following code in your onInit function where "My Extension Name" and "My Extension Version" are both strings. You will need to have your own process of making sure "My Extension Version" is updated every time you update your extension. To use this method, your load order must be above 10

Code:
    if PowerUp then
       if PowerUp.registerExtension("My Extension Name", "My Extension Version") == 0 then
          --successfully registered
       else
          --error registering
       end
    end
    Code:
    function onInit()
        if PowerUp then
           PowerUp.registerExtension("My Extension Name", "My Extension Version", {
                    {
                        ['link'] = "https://github.com/FG-Unofficial-Developers-Guild/",
                        ['message'] = "v0.9\nAdded registration code"
                    },
                    {
                        ['link'] = "https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/",
                        ['message'] = "Please vote for this on the idea informer wishlist",
                        ['icon'] = "shooting_star"
                    },
                }
            )
        end
    end
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/726/view
    Last edited by rhagelstrom; October 10th, 2022 at 19:22.

A very simple thing (not saying the coding is) but boy is it nice to be able to know what Forge items got updated Thanks!

Very nice!

Thanks. Part of an afternoon's work address an annoyance I had. It's not perfect but should alert on most cases. I found it does shine a spotlight on the version field of extensions and that while undocumented, it should be in the format X.Y where X,Y are numbers

Oooh. This is awesome.
    I'd suggest also reporting all extensions changed since the last time the command was run.
    Otherwise you're out of luck if you loaded the campaign for some quick thing and didn't take the time to run the command.

Version Update: 1.2
    Thanks @bmos for some quality of life improvements

Changes
    Added /powerupman which will show which extensions have been updated since the last time /powerupman was run on the host.
    Option to automatically display which extensions have changed since last campaign load
    Fixed: extensions with version in the name such as (v3.2.1) where not being processed correctly

Soo good. love it!

I support ORC(L) and #opendnd!

Check out my Extensions and Materials for FGU!
    Dark Theme: Sir Motte's Magnificent Darkness - Hearth Edition.
    Custom GM Icon: Sir Motte's GM Icon Replacer.
    Midjourney Art: AI generated images for my campaign.

Version Update: 1.3
    Added: Registration function for extensions that do not follow the major.minor version format

Version Update: 1.4
    Added: getExtensions() function for other extensions to get the extensions loaded table

Version Update: 1.5
    Feature - API extension for update messages with link support (thx @bmos)
    Feature - API extension allow custom icons (thx @bmos)
    Feature - Option to only allow modules specified in GM campaign to be loaded by players. Rolls in functionality previously provided by the extension "No Extra Pudding" https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=136920
    Feature - Option to force load on client(s) modules that are loadable by players. https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135437
    Changed - Options are in their own group "Power Up"

Thread Information