STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

DM looking for a new group

The group has been fulfilled. To all those that applied for the open positions thank you. If I could bring you all in I would.

MODERATORS - please delete this post, if possible
    Last edited by Kalico Range; August 14th, 2022 at 12:53. Reason: This post worked, thank you

FG License: DM has Full so players need at least Lite
    Game System: D&D 5e

Time Zone: Mountain Standard time - or look for Colorado/Clagary in time settings
    Day of week and time: 1830 hours (6:30 PM) Fridays - date and times changed
    If new game, planned start date: Hoping to start Aug 12, 2022
    Planned Duration & Frequency: i.e. 4 hour sessions weekly (shift work will create gaps depending on where/when I work - I am 4 on 4 off with night shift mixed in)
    Term: looking for a long term group, if possible

Text or Voice: Voice - we will be using my discord server I have set up specifically for this
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? nope, I'm doing this for the fun

Roleplay & Combat mix: Looking for more roleplay than combat - hoping for at least 60/40
    Number of Players in game & needed: i.e. looking for 3 - Need ONE MORE (would be willing to accept a pair of people
    Character starting level & equipment: i.e. campaign start at level 1
    Character restrictions: depending on scenario - no races/classes are fully off limits if you can back story it well enough I would let you have the no way race/class

Details of your scenario: I am looking for players that are interested in having some fun and experiencing what I can offer. I put a lot of effort into my DMing for you so please be present and interact. I've had players in the past that seem like they are watching TV instead of taking their turn in combat. Other than that see above -

p.s. I missed the format post until after I posted the original, my apologies to those that didn't get this initially.
    Last edited by Kalico Range; August 10th, 2022 at 15:21.

Hey, Kalico! How are you doing?
    Are u still looking for players? I'd like to know more about your game. :-)
    I liked the Campaign 1 a bit more than the 2nd. I do like the idea that I'm just another guy that conquer the world through hardship and sweat. hahahaha.

I'd love to be a kobold though. I can explain my character before we make any arrangements. ;-)

I am still looking for a group. As indicated above there are race/class restrictions on campaign 1. I am never 100% opposed to an off class, if you can backstory enough for it to work, and also agree that you won't have it easy going "left of center".

As for the first idea for the campaign the world is yours to experience. The dwarves have issues due to something stirring in the depths. The dwarves are "too busy" to see what's causing the issue and too proud to admit that if this keeps getting worse they may not actually be able to handle the problem for much longer. The racist elves to the south are largely left alone, but a party going there could see if they can manage relations, if they don't die on the doorstep first. The elves present a unique roleplay interaction where your approach could vastly effect the political situation, for better or worse. The old empire, well think of that like game of thrones. All the people with any power trying to wrest it from others around them. No one being clear on their intentions. Intrigue and espionage everywhere. Making or breaking alliances could impact many things. If you side with this baron over here you may be hunted down by assassins, or maybe no one cares... you won't know truly what's at the next corner.

If you want to talk with me about this, and being your game master please reach out to the email and I will bring you over to the discord so we can discuss further. Also, if you have friends who want to join, I'm looking for a group (prefer 3 but could expand if needed).

TLDR (Too Long Didn't Read)

Use the email in the first message, or drop a message here. Still need two players.

I would be interested in joining either one of these campaigns. Looking to get back into being a player again, long time DM.

bump

Raius, can you please get back to me if you are actually interested? Still need one for Friday, but if you are the type to flake before you start then continue NOT to reply. See original message for the email.

Greeting Kalico,

If you are still looking for one more person for your Friday night game I am free on that day. I am a Dungeons Master and Player with 35 years of experience. I just switched to Fantasy Grounds Unity. I have become developer now working in this engine. I am working on publishing my campaign world and I am working on paid adventures BUT a man needs a break from work and needs some fun! I am always the DM and never the Player! I need to smash some skulls, kick some kobolds down a flight of stairs and whooooo the ladies with my incredible charm unless my Char is 8.. then.. I will have to get by with lots and lots of gold. If you have that slot open can you let me know what your other players have or are considering playing? I have the Ultimate Edition Lifetime License so I am good to go. I have played enough sessions with my friends to understand the system and after spending the last 3 weeks in developer mode I have gotten the hang of it. Do you have any of the life saving plugins like 5e Automatic Effects running to help automate character sheets to speed up gameplay? I want more time RPing and less time page flipping if possible. If not, no big deal. I'm a big boy and can handle doing things the old school way. Anyway let me know! And is that time of 6:30pm CST, MST, PST? I couldn't tell. Thanks for your consideration on letting me tag along!

Kuragiman, we have a tentative person in the last slot, for now. We are going to be feeling him out this session (tonight). If he works out I will be closing the ticket for this campaign. If he flakes out I will keep you in mind going forward. As for the time it's 1830 hours (6:30 PM) MST (so if you look at the clock function on your phone or googles then look for Calgary - if Canadian, or Colorado if USA). If you don't hear from me then shoot me an email (see first post) or fire me a message on here. I don't like to ghost people and am willing to explain where we are at.

Thread Information