FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Today my target arrows in yester hill map are way too big

I am setting up for tonight's continuation of the Strahd Yester Hill battle.
    Last week I had put a proper 5' grid on that map so distances behaved properly and things worked fine.
    Tonight after updates target arrows are gargantuan, but distance measuring arrows are fine.
    Is there a setting in the game or on the map that could reduce the pixel scale of the target arrow back to normal?
    target arrow vs distance arrow.png
    arrows on Zacchaeus' dragon heist alley map seem fine
    arrows in alley.png
    Last edited by webdove; July 29th, 2022 at 23:31.

I suspect the grid is too small for the size of the map. But that’s just a theory.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I had that a couple weeks ago. I updated the extension which solved it.

Tooting, which extension?
    Zacchaeus, is the map size the numbers associated with the jpg (e.g. 370 x 270)? The scale I needed for 5 foot squares was 2.5. Are all those numbers of the same type (e.g. pixels)?

Yes, and Yes. I'm guessing about the map size and grid. I know there was an issue at one time with tiny grid sizes but that may have been fixed. I never considered extensions but that may also be the cause. Test in a new campaign without extensions to find out if that is the problem.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

As Zacchaeus mentions, I too believe it's related to the very small grid size.

You can remove the tokens and re-apply them from the combat tracker, but this will only "fix" the issue for that session - you'll need to remove/add each session you open the map.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks. I believe from Zacchaeus and Trenloe's advice that I need to do the following to the Yester Hill map from strahd. Export the jpg image (I am not sure how to do that). Resample the jpg from 370x270 to 3700x2700. Reload the resampled jpg to the existing map and delete the original jpg. Change the grid scale from 2.5x2.5 to 25x25. Hopefully at that point the dm information pins will be in the right locations. if not I will have to redo the pins from the DM map version.

Does that sound correct? Any advice on how to export the jpg? I tried, but could not find an export choice.

You can't export an image from a module. The Yester Hill map was never meant to be a battlemap but I added a grid to it and the encounters so that some form of combat could take place. It wasn't meant to be to scale or anything. I'd suggest you use it as is in the module rather than trying to get it to scale. You might also find the map on-line; depending on the artist they often publish the maps from WotC books on their websites.

OK. But the basic idea is that the map I find wants to be about 3700x2700 and I should end up needing a 25x25 grid scale?

Blog Entries
    I believe you want the grid to be at least 10 pixels. But 25 is a good goal.

Google has lots of versions f the map you can get. Just find one you like and is of the approximate size and then import it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information