5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    To @Tempests point, how often are you removing resistances and immunities on-the-fly? I can't think of ever doing this and I do appreciate not having so many effects entries in the CT. The only situation is elementa adapt that overcomes resistance. And we just have the player re-drag the damage to the target. It's simple and fast. Yes it means that you can end up with 1 less damage due to rounding, but that doesn't bother us as 1hp is not significant for us.

But, why not just add a vulnerability to offset the resistance? I don't think you can offset an immunity, but you can a resistance.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    To @Tempests point, how often are you removing resistances and immunities on-the-fly? I can't think of ever doing this and I do appreciate not having so many effects entries in the CT. The only situation is elementa adapt that overcomes resistance. And we just have the player re-drag the damage to the target. It's simple and fast. Yes it means that you can end up with 1 less damage due to rounding, but that doesn't bother us as 1hp is not significant for us.

But, why not just add a vulnerability to offset the resistance? I don't think you can offset an immunity, but you can a resistance.
    I agree. As I stated, I don't think this has ever been an issue for me. And I can't think of any instance where it would be.

I'm curious, what's the use case for adding removing resistance / immunities?

Happens fairly often in my campaigns, enough that we whipped up an extension to bring back the old functionality. If you're playing strictly by RAW using only the core rulebooks then it shouldn't come up often, but considering how often weird things happen in certain games, it's not entirely unusual.

Having the option to change resistances in-combat is preferred. As it is currently, it's inconstant with how other effects work*, and stands out as a very odd and unnecessary change in my opinion.

*It's assumed that if a creature has an effect, then it's visible on the CT. But now we have effects that are invisible on the CT (even to the DM!) and only visible through the NPC record.

Like I mentioned earlier, this really feels like a step backwards in that it removes additional functionality and locks it behind NPC records, some of which are immutable.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 1st, 2022 at 23:18.

I don't doubt it does. I am just wondering what causes it. Resistance spells, magic items, house rules or ?

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    I don't doubt it does. I am just wondering what causes it. Resistance spells, magic items, house rules or ?
    Any of the above, take your pick. Just off the top of my head, we usually 'skip' immunities to get around players having to create a new damage entry for each possible damage type of Transmuted Spell or spells like Chromatic Orb.

But now skipping/disabling immunities and resistances is impossible.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 1st, 2022 at 23:44.

Hi GEONE,

Any chance you could share that extension?

I agree that RAW, this change should rarely matter (although to me it is still useful to be aware of what resistances/immunities NPCs have in the CT -- The number of times we say "why did FGU do that?" or "why didn't FGU do this?" is still too high after 2 years, and this is just another element to bring confusion.)

I have many customized NPCs. Toggling/skipping resistance/immunity effects is very helpful for things like: "This NPC has RESIST: fire if it hasn't use a legendary resistance since its last turn." or "This NPC has RESIST: all if not bloodied"

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by mattvictim View Post
    Any chance you could share that extension?
    Sure thing, here you go. Attachment 54067

Edit: Forge link here
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/742/view
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GEONE; June 16th, 2023 at 15:45.

Also, in the update in the next couple weeks, the damage vuln/resist/immune information will be available in the CT defense section for each NPC in the combat tracker; so that you can review without opening up NPC sheet.

Regards,
    JPG

Thanks, GEONE and Moon Wizard. I think between the extension and the future update, I'll be good to go on this.

Thread Information