STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Resistance and Immunity Effects in 5E

Is there any way to switch to use the old method of having effects handle Resistances and Immunities in the Combat Tracker? I have custom NPCs that I need to toggle these effects on and off for and it's really inconvenient to do it from the NPC sheet, or to have to create custom effects for them and delete them from the NPC sheet.

Maybe there is a better way I'm not thinking of?

Blog Entries
    REmove them from the NPC sheet and add them as Effects on the CT. Then you can tggle them.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yeah... that's what I've been doing, but it is an entire extra step and then I need to delete it from the NPC's sheet...

It works but as I see it, it's worse than the way it used to work.

I agree, this really feels like a step back, removing additional on-the-fly control.

Sorry guys, I'm confused. What's changed exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    Sorry guys, I'm confused. What's changed exactly?
    Resistances, immunities, and vulnerabilities are no longer added as effects in the combat tracker. They are instead calculated based on the text field in the NPC record. This means they can't be removed, disabled, or changed without opening up the NPC record and editing the text there.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 1st, 2022 at 18:19.

I just added the resist fire effect to an npc in the combat tracker and it still works.

oh! I see what you mean now. Yeah, removing or changing them will require some work. Does this happen often? I don't think I've come across this issue very much (if at all) and I've been DMing for a few years using Fantasy Grounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Temmpest View Post
    I just added the resist fire effect to an npc in the combat tracker and it still works.
    What changed is the resistances/immunities/vulnerabilities are calculated 'behind the scenes.' You can still manually add a resistance to a creature from the combat tracker, but you can't remove or edit one from the combat tracker that you didn't manually add, since they are not automatically added to the combat tracker entry. Essentially 'hiding' what was once exposed for editing within the CT.

Try adding a creature with a resistance to the combat tracker. You'll notice the resistance isn't added as an effect in the combat tracker. So the only way to change resistances now is by editing the NPC record, which isn't always possible for locked records.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 1st, 2022 at 23:35.

It's a very unnecessary and frustrating change. The only thing it really accomplishes is showing a little bit less in the combat tracker effects.
    Last edited by GEONE; August 1st, 2022 at 23:04.

Thread Information