FG Spreadshirt Swag

Editable Locked field

Hello,

I have found a bug that is relating to permissions of classes and subclasses. It occurs on those that are locked but do not have the red lock. To reproduce:

Open a locked class.
    Go to the other tab.
    Find an ability that belongs to a subclass and open it (it should also be locked).
    Scroll down to the bottom and see that, despite the item being locked, the "Spec. Required" field is editable.
    If you unlock and re-lock the item, the field then becomes, correctly, un-editable.
    FGU Permissions Bug - 5e Classes.png

Moderator: Moved to House of Healing
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 28th, 2022 at 17:34.

I'm unable to reproduce this. In fact when I open a trait belonging to an archetype it seems to be unlocked by default. Locking it again prevents any editing.

Do you have a specific example from a specific module?
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    I'm unable to reproduce this. In fact when I open a trait belonging to an archetype it seems to be unlocked by default. Locking it again prevents any editing.

Do you have a specific example from a specific module?
    I first noticed it in a campaign for a module that I was building. I lock each piece as I finish with it. I opened something back up to look at it and noticed that the "Spec. Required" field was editable even though the window was locked.

To make sure that it was not something weird about my campaign, or something to do with an extension, I created a clean campaign and tested without loading any extensions at all. I opened a 3rd party module I had handy, the Heroes of the Domains of Delight. That is what the screenshot is from. You see on the right side of the image, even though the Primal Scream ability is locked, the "Spec. Required" field can be edited. If you want an example from the Smiteworks store you can look at Surviving the Arctic.

It's not going to work on anything that has been exported with a lock against editing so that everything is red locked. Like the PHB and so on. But I think 99% of creators don't export their modules that way from what I have seen.

I don't own any of those modules so I'm unable to test with those. I'm testing with modules which are locked but I'm making a copy of the class to make it editable. As I say when I open a feature in the copy the feature is actually unlocked. I've been unable to find anything which is actually locked strangely enough.

Incidentally reference modules which contain classes etc should actually be red locked, and any that I've ever done are in that state. It may be third party ones aren't for whatever reason.

I'll leave it to see if the devs can reproduce.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I was able to recreate the situation, and will patch in the next ruleset release. It's not straightforward to recreate, since most modules which contain class records are exported as read-only modules, and this only occurs for modules exported as editable modules.

Our suggested export settings for modules are read-only for Core Rulebooks and Settings; and editable (not read-only) for Adventures.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information