FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 6 First ... 23456 Last
    Minor update to fix error with parseing for shield spell.

Quote Originally Posted by jrowsey1 View Post
    TL;DR - Make sure your spell name is just "Shield" for this to work.

Just going to report my findings here for anyone else bumping into these issues.

For 5e Automatic Effects Shield spell coding - dropping the spell coding onto the action tab creates a "Shield" spell that works with out adding the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect. If you Reparse the Spell actions, it will add the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect but replace the custom coding provided by the module.

For Rob2e Shield Spell coding - dropping the spell coding onto the action tab creates a "Shield (R) (S)" spell that will not register the Chat Message for this extension. If you Reparse the spell coding, it will create a "Shield (R) (S) ; (RCT)" and remove the "AC:5" effect", but this still will not register with this extension to trigger the Chat message. If you manually create the effect of "Shield ; (RCT)" for the coding, it still will not trigger the extension. You'll have to remove the "(R) (S)" description in the spell name in order to get this extension to trigger. You don't need the "Shield ; (RCT)" effect for it to trigger, just the name of the Spell needs to be adjusted.

Lastly, I just made a new spell called "Shield" on the PCs Action Tab with no description or effects and the Extension triggered the Chat effect, but if it changed the name to "Shield (Wizard)", or anything else other than "Shield" the extension would not trigger.
    Good Day All
    My players and I love this extension! I was going nuts because the Wizard in my group has Shield and it was not working for him but it was for the Sorcerer.. Well come to find out that not only does the spell name need to be Shield but the spell level header does as well! The Wizard made his char in the Char Wiz and it called his spell header "Spells (Level 1) (Wizard)".
    After trying to figure this out for a couple weeks now it dawned on me to remove (Wizard) from the header and it worked!
    Thank You JRowsey1 for pointing me in the right direction!

I'll probably have another pass over this extension at some point and see if I can improve the spell parsing a little
    No promises tho

Cheers, Steve.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    I'll probably have another pass over this extension at some point and see if I can improve the spell parsing a little
    No promises tho

Cheers, Steve.
    rhagelstrom had a similar issue with his Arcane Ward. Thought that might be of some help, in case you were not aware.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll take a look at how Arcane Ward handles things.

Cheers, Steve.

I am having a bit of an issue with this extension and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything module when building a new character.

I am currently trying to build a Fighter and implementing a a Fighting Style (option) feature using the method as described by Stoehovve in his YouTube tutorial video 'Fantasy Grounds Unity - Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Fighter Class - Optional Features'

Found here: https://youtu.be/pOoZeybcy-U

When trying to directly drop the feature(s) into the character's action tab a script error is generated:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/shield.lua"]:180: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

When the campaign is loaded without this extension, no error occurs.

Attached are images of the process and the log files of the session.

Shield_error_process.pngShield_error_consoleMessage.png

Quote Originally Posted by Thakeria Jamison View Post
    I am having a bit of an issue with this extension and Tasha's Cauldron of Everything module when building a new character.

I am currently trying to build a Fighter and implementing a a Fighting Style (option) feature using the method as described by Stoehovve in his YouTube tutorial video 'Fantasy Grounds Unity - Tasha's Cauldron of Everything - Fighter Class - Optional Features'

Found here: https://youtu.be/pOoZeybcy-U

When trying to directly drop the feature(s) into the character's action tab a script error is generated:

[ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/shield.lua"]:180: bad argument #1 to 'find' (string expected, got nil)

When the campaign is loaded without this extension, no error occurs.

Attached are images of the process and the log files of the session.

Shield_error_process.pngShield_error_consoleMessage.png
    Not sure why, but there is no link button to allow for simple log file upload. I was only able to post the images. I hope that is enough info.

Regards

I'll see if I can do anything about this this week (hopefully). I"ll have to bug my DM to help as I don't own Tashas.

Cheers, Steve.

Just pushed a new build to The Forge, which should address the issue found by @Thakeria Jamison.

Cheers, Steve.

I’m wondering if there’s any way this extension could help me (as DM) remember to use the “Parry” reaction on NPCs like the Bandit Lord and Bandit Captain. I see the extension description mentions that it doesn’t help with NPCs, but I figured I’d ask.

I’ve read about a number of other ways to handle “Parry” but I still feel like I’d end up forgetting to apply it when I could have.
    Fantasy Grounds Unity on macOS Monterey (v12) with an Intel Mac

Thread Information