Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

5e Shield & Reaction

Here's another one for you guy to break for me.
    This extension should take care of some of the hassle of the Shield spell and reaction tracking.

Full description is in the Forge page https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/722/view

Cheers, Steve.

Good Day Stv
    This looks amazing! I cannot wait to try it out as my players are getting hooked on the Shield spell. One has a few charges in a Ring of Spell storing. I image he will have to put the Shield spell as one of his memorized spells for this to kick in then burn a charge from the item, correct?

Hi Bonkon,
    You imagine correctly. For the extension to notify the player, they need to have the shield spell, but ALSO have spell slots available. Although that could be an easy way to keep track of the rings uses ?

Cheers, Steve.

One thing I see is that when using BCEG/BCE and things like "Charmed; Incapacitated; DMGRT: all; SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (R)(M); (C)" triggers your reaction ext to check the reaction bubble. Any way to ignore that code? BCEG uses (R) to remove effects. Maybe change (R) to (Re)?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    One thing I see is that when using BCEG/BCE and things like "Charmed; Incapacitated; DMGRT: all; SAVEA: WIS [SDC] (R)(M); (C)" triggers your reaction ext to check the reaction bubble. Any way to ignore that code? BCEG uses (R) to remove effects. Maybe change (R) to (Re)?
    I was going to say this. Currently, this would have an unfortunate conflict with BCE/BCEG. Even using (Re) instead would help the issue, wouldn't it?
    Last edited by BlazingAzureCrow; July 28th, 2022 at 01:52.

Thanks for the info on the conflict guys.
    I've uploaded a new build to fix this. The extension now uses (RCT) to check for reaction. Instructions on the Forge page also updated to reflect this change.

Cheers, Steve.

I genuinely have no idea why tracking Reactions is not already part of the base client or, at the very least, a checkbox to track it manually like Bonus Actions.

Regardless, thank you. This is a very nice addition to my extension suite.
    Last edited by BushViper; July 28th, 2022 at 10:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    Thanks for the info on the conflict guys.
    I've uploaded a new build to fix this. The extension now uses (RCT) to check for reaction. Instructions on the Forge page also updated to reflect this change.

Cheers, Steve.
    I will take it out for a spin. Thanks for the quick change!

Quote Originally Posted by BushViper View Post
    I genuinely have no idea why tracking Reactions is not already part of the base client or, at the very least, a checkbox to track it manually like Bonus Actions.

Regardless, thank you. This is a very nice addition to my extension suite.
    There is a checkbox for reaction tracking on the combat tracker for each PC.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information