5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    No, the dice sounds should be Pong sounds right?

Thanks for the video. I can see and appreciate how it sounds more realistic.

I knew about the dice volume command. The issue is I normally DM so I want to hear when someone is rolling for something.

To the request for an example of better dice sound, most other VTT's have sounds very similar to this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVjCSaXhZTs

The Fantasy Grounds dice sound effects strike me like someone created them on the original Nintendo. I know it's a minor complaint in the grand scheme of all the other things our dev team busts their butts on, and I want to be clear that I'm very impressed with the other aspects of the virutal dice. The physics are great. The new stuff shown by Doug all looks awesome. The virtual dice feel fun to roll. People love that they can roll them hard or gently depending on the moment. I hardly ever have someone say they miss/want physical dice, even when I point out to them that Fantasy Grounds has a mode to cater to real life dice rolls. The dice are also the first thing new users go straight for when they load Fantasy Grounds for the first time. I'm pretty sure that's what I did the first time I loaded it.

BUT

Shortly after they begin playing with them, a lot of new users I've introduced to Fantasy Grounds immediately complain that the sounds are abrasive and they very quickly ask if they can change them or turn the sounds off. First impressions are everything in the VTT market right now because it seems like it's more competitive than ever. I just wanted to toss out my observations and thoughts. I hope that helped.

Thread Information