FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    I hope we will See the visible gm rolls for the players. In RL every one is focussed on the rolling dice and it would be great, players have that immersion with the gm roll in fgu too. As a second, every Player i know will spent some money for Individual dice skins, if others can See. They Do in RL, they will in vtt, because its a fun Feature.

So, i have a question about this. Usually the pointers are the same colors as the dice. But now when there are colors like "metal" and "gold" will they translate to the pointers too?

/H

We don't stop playing because we grow old,
    we grow old because we stop playing!

Now running the first installment of Horizons of the Vast, a Starfinder Campaign, and Kingmaker 2nd ed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Honken View Post
    So, i have a question about this. Usually the pointers are the same colors as the dice. But now when there are colors like "metal" and "gold" will they translate to the pointers too?

/H
    That is a great question. Some dice are colorable and others will have a preset color that works for that set. If you are using colorable dice, then your player color and the dice color you choose will be the same. If you are using a preset dice with a built-in color, then your player color may differ from your dice color unless you purposefully try to match them.

Not making these skins available for community content is a shame. A lot of great artists out there that could provide some great content. Customizing the sounds the dice make would be great too. Could envision a sound for a 20 or a 1 being different than other rolls...or metallic dice sounding different than stone or gem dice vs other materials...
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

fairly sure they will revisit them being available for devs after it's been thoroughly tested. This is a core mechanic that largely hasn't changed for the entire length of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Not making these skins available for community content is a shame. A lot of great artists out there that could provide some great content. Customizing the sounds the dice make would be great too. Could envision a sound for a 20 or a 1 being different than other rolls...or metallic dice sounding different than stone or gem dice vs other materials...
    The sound aspect of your request is likely already in the works. It won't come with the animated dice, but with SW's first try at sound incorporation via Syrinscape. Doug mentions it is in the works and may have a demo of it "soon TM". I would guess you could tie sound effects to crits or nat 1s.
    Last edited by Dudin; August 2nd, 2022 at 16:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    The sound aspect of your request is likely already in the works. It won't come with the animated dice, but with SW's first try at sound incorporation via Syrinscape. Doug mentions it is in the works and may have a demo if it "soon TM". I would guess you could tie sound effects to crits or nat 1s.
    Until a demo is actually released, there is this. https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...inscape+Sounds
    For support with any of my extensions, visit my #mattekure-stuff channel on Rob2e's discord https://discord.gg/rob2e

Interesting. I didn't realize there was a work in progress guide for incorporation already. I don't use Syrinscape myself (don't want yet another subscription service) as I already own a lot of sound tracks and effects. I look forward to when non-Syrinscape sound sources can be cleanly incorporated into FGU use. I can understand why SW is pursuing a Syrinscape integration first though as it does a lot of the heavy lifting for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudin View Post
    Interesting. I didn't realize there was a work in progress guide for incorporation already. I don't use Syrinscape myself (don't want yet another subscription service) as I already own a lot of sound tracks and effects. I look forward to when non-Syrinscape sound sources can be cleanly incorporated into FGU use. I can understand why SW is pursuing a Syrinscape integration first though as it does a lot of the heavy lifting for them.
    Yeah, honestly NOT interested in a subscription service or having to buy more sounds. I'd much rather be able to use sounds I already have.

I would much rather have it implemented were anyone could use it. I use RPG Sounds because you only pay once and its yours. In addition to this there are websites that offer free sound effects and such. Don't get me wrong, Syrinscape is nice, but it's not the only game in town either. I would rather have this feature available to everyone rather than one service.

Thread Information