DICE PACKS BUNDLE

LF some advice on what to buy

Hello good people from the FG Forum!

I've been learning traveler 2e for a while now and I feel confident enough to buy the core rulebook and start creating some things for my group, yet, I'd like some advice regarding supplements, which supplements do you think are must-have? Which ones would you recommend having?

I would buy high guard and central supply catalog along with your core rules.
    Fourth on my list would be the Companion.

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    I would buy high guard and central supply catalog along with your core rules.
    Fourth on my list would be the Companion.
    Perfect! Pretty much the same ones I had in mind, thanks =)

My next choice would be a supplement that details the region of space you want to play in (the OTU is freakin' massive!).

We chose the Pirates of Drinax campaign, which handily comes with it's own guide to the Trojan Reach.

IIRC there are discreet guides in FGU for the Spinward Marches, Behind the Claw (area of empire space adjacent to the Reach) and the Solomani Rim.

The individual GM supplements in FGU are the LEAST helpful imho.

Once you've built out the basics then my next go to would be the two alien supplements.
    They are super-helpful for playing PCs /NPCs of alien races but you can totally live without them.

Like people say get central supply catalog and high guard first
    Traveller can be a little overwhelming with so many sector to choose from. Don't try to learn them pick a small part of the galaxy and start there.

If you want to start small then the The Spinward Marches is a good place to start.
    The Spinward Marches 1: The Bowman Arm and Spinward Marches 2: The Lunion Shield Worlds modules gives you a few worlds to start with. They are not super detailed but gives a few short description on worlds and some adventure hooks.

Thread Information