FG Spreadshirt Swag

New to Traveller: How's the Update 2022 going to be handled?

Hello, I recently got to know traveller exists, I've been reading the books and watching some videos and everything about it looks great, but I'd like to ask, how's the Update 2022 going to be handled? Is it a free expansion for people that own 2e? If it's paid, do we have an ETA? How would it interact with the existing 2e core rulebook in FG?

Thanks =)

You can find a old thread on that here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...es-Update-2022

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi All,

hope this is the news you were hoping for.

After speaking with Matt and laying it all out, the pro's and con's and being honest that it's only my time that's used creating/converting content. The Core Rulebook 2022, will be free to all existing owners of the Ruleset. It will replace the current rulebook with images in the store/bundles, but will shop alongside, so you'll have the 2E 2020 book and the 2E 2022 book.

The same will happen to any Core book that gets a 2022 refresh. Free to existing owners, and new owners will get both copies.

Why are they doing this? I think it's down to the fact over the last week we've sold over 1,000 copies of the ruleset, and that there's no ruleset to code, just a book to convert and I don't mind giving my time for that.

Anyway, be nice to Mongoose in the future please, they do listen and they're a tiny publisher.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by Boldtaar; July 25th, 2022 at 17:49.

Guess I'll wait for the 2022 updated version then, do we have an ETA?

You don't have to wait, you can buy the existing ruleset now and start planning/playing, then you'll get a free update when the 2022 conversion is released - see this post in the thread Boldtaar linked above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post641651
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You don't have to wait, you can buy the existing ruleset now and start planning/playing, then you'll get a free update when the 2022 conversion is released - see this post in the thread Boldtaar linked above: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post641651
    Even better! Thanks =)

Thread Information