DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Verified in a an odd way that this is the issue somehow. I have 4 extensions that use ActionsManager.performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll); to do their own die rolls - everyone of them is busted except the one I had to do my own version of performAction(draginfo, rActor, rRoll, aTargets) in order to do some internal changes. That one still works.

Not sure what is breaking it - but I'm not sure its within my control to fix. It goes into ActionsManager.performAction and then into your internal changes and never triggers anything. I assume because of something with the targeting changes.
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Can you provide a sample campaign with a single extension (and a copy of the extension) where I can get the issue to trigger?

Regards,
    JPG

The difference in the targeting is literally that rTarget should be nil if nothing targeted; instead of an empty table. The empty table was causing issues with manual rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Can you provide a sample campaign with a single extension (and a copy of the extension) where I can get the issue to trigger?

Regards,
    JPG
    I loaded the campaign, extension, screenshots, and simple directions on how to duplicate it in LIVE(works)/TEST(fails). All under your discord name.

Just pushed an update that should address this issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Just pushed an update that should address this issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Validated that it fixed all 3 of my extensions that used performAction on a die roll. Thanks!

These updates are Live now.

JPG

I had an issue reported today on something I did not even know you could do. If you drag the chat bubble of a roll over the CT PC wounds it will add that into it. The bug with polymorphism active is that it will simply replace the number and error out. It mentions some deprecated code calls of things I do not call - where the ActionDamage.applyDamage (which has deprecated use of messageDamage) is telling me its deprecated as shown in log.

[7/28/2022 10:34:57 AM] s'ActionDamage.applyDamage - DEPRECATED - 2022-07-19 - Use ActionDamage.applyDamage(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)'
    [7/28/2022 10:34:57 AM] s'ActionDamage.messageDamage - DEPRECATED - 2022-07-19 - Use ActionDamage.messageDamage(rSource, rTarget, rRoll)'
    [7/28/2022 10:34:57 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:1519: bad argument #2 to 'format' (string expected, got nil)

But since I did a code search across all rulesets and my extensions I don't see where I call it directly. However in FGU 5E ruleset code, I do see where it is still calling the old format that could trigger the above print statement.

5E\campaign\template_char.xml (1 hit)
    Line 428: ActionDamage.applyDamage(nil, rActor, false, draginfo.getDescription(), draginfo.getNumberData());
    5E\ct\ct_host.xml (1 hit)
    Line 226: ActionDamage.applyDamage(nil, rActor, CombatManager.isCTHidden(node), draginfo.getDescription(), draginfo.getNumberData());
    5E\scripts\manager_action_save.lua (1 hit)
    Line 706: ActionDamage.applyDamage(nil, rSource, rRoll.bSecret, "[HEAL]", 1);

As I don't directly call it - and it appears when not using poly it works - I have to assume that somehow my overriden charsheet is triggering the template_char stuff where the normal sheet is not?

In any case - I'm not sure what is going on since I don't directly call this stuff but somehow its triggering stuff that claims its deprecated (template_char.xml?) which of course does not populate all the stuff that your new code uses and chokes on the bad argument.

Any ideas? I admit I'm at a loss at this indirect hit and the fact 5E ruleset has calls in it that are claimed to be deprecated.
    Last edited by SilentRuin; July 28th, 2022 at 17:04.

The error would only trigger if the third parameter is not a table and the fourth parameter is nil; or if the third parameter is a table and .sDamageText is not defined in the table. That is most likely where the error is specific to your code.

For the deprecated calls, the vehicle update I'll be working on next week already has those fixed; and just forces to use the new format completely. That experiment of trying to support both didn't work out the way I had hoped.

Regards,
    JPG

The error would only trigger if the third parameter is not a table and the fourth parameter is nil; or if the third parameter is a table and .sDamageText is not defined in the table. That is most likely where the error is specific to your code.

For the deprecated calls, the vehicle update I'll be working on next week already has those fixed; and just forces to use the new format completely. That experiment of trying to support both didn't work out the way I had hoped.

Regards,
    JPG
    Yeah I knew what caused the error as I said - the deprecated calls. Which I don't directly call myself, hence can't really fix on my side if they are using the 5E ruleset ones. I assume those updates for the 5E ruleset deprecated calls will be fixed then in LIVE next Tuesday and wait to see if my problem is resolved (should as far as I can tell). I assume you mean prep work for vehicle support and not the actual vehicles themselves are coming out (as that will be something I hope to have a chance in test so I can support it in the relevant areas of my extensions).

Anyway, I'll wait till next update as this is something users can definitely work around - just don't drag chat bubble die rolls into charsheet.

Thread Information