5E Character Create Playlist

Token/Creature Sizing

Is there a way to change the red box that shows up around tokens when they are placed on a map? In this case I want monsters that are larger than 20x20 feet so the 4x4 square doesn't make too much sense size-wise. Medium creatures taking up 1 square. Large taking 4. Huge taking 9. Gargantuan taking up 12. Or is there a way to just get rid of that red box all together?

Also is there a way to remove the circle that appears around a token when you click on it on a map. Examples below:

Red square:

Circle around token:
    Last edited by DCPye; July 23rd, 2022 at 09:31.

Blog Entries
    The red square is the token's reach. At least I think it is. I can barely see it. Normally it should be larger tan the token though. Turn on the Reach field in the CT and adjust it and see if that is what I think it is. But no way I know of to remove the reach indication. Maybe it's accessible via the API for an extension, but I don't know.

No way I know of to control the selection circle either. Might be controllable via an extension.

I'm sure someone with developer experience will be along to confirm or deny if tose functions can be accessed via extension/API. (r if their is already an extension that does this.)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

When creatures are added to the combat tracker in the 5E ruleset, the size/reach values of the creature in the combat tracker are pre-filled based on the creature's size text in the Type field.

When creatures are added to the map from the combat tracker, the size/reach values are used to denote the size to be used to auto-size the token graphic within the "space" defined (80% or 100% depending on option settings) as well as underlay highlighting for both the space and reach of the creature. The space/reach can be modified before adding the creature from the combat tracker to the map.

The selection ring is not customizable other than color (which is handled by the ruleset code internally based on faction); and is sized based on the size of the token graphic. (i.e. larger tokens get larger selection rings)

Regards,
    JPG

Just revisitng this as a request to please make all of these things removable. They just get in the way and have no value other than really saying "HEY I'M THE TOKEN YOU'RE CLICKING ON" which is fine, but I feel like should probably be toggleable then.

I've just attempted to build a hex crawl where I want to give the players a moveable token they can see from and move themselves over the map. Ignoring the fact that it's more than a pain that I have to make it a character sheet, add light to it, change settings so all players can control it and see what it sees, and only then be able to have it moveable and seeable by all characters, it'd be nice to at least have the ability to not have the token border and circle get in the way when people click on it.

Is this not something that can be looked into?

Hey DCPye

Just make a transparent token. After you drag it to CT you can set the reach to 0. Reach can be found by clicking the button next to targeting on the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by DCPye View Post
    Just revisitng this as a request to please make all of these things removable. They just get in the way and have no value other than really saying "HEY I'M THE TOKEN YOU'RE CLICKING ON" which is fine, but I feel like should probably be toggleable then.

I've just attempted to build a hex crawl where I want to give the players a moveable token they can see from and move themselves over the map. Ignoring the fact that it's more than a pain that I have to make it a character sheet, add light to it, change settings so all players can control it and see what it sees, and only then be able to have it moveable and seeable by all characters, it'd be nice to at least have the ability to not have the token border and circle get in the way when people click on it.

Is this not something that can be looked into?
    You don't need to make the token a character; nor does it need to be on the CT. Just drag a token directly from Assets > Tokens onto the map. If you want to give it vision or light then use the token vision or token light settings in the lighting sub menu on the right hand side. Once on the map anyone can see the token and anyone can move it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Note, the best place to vote on and create new feature requests is the Wish List: Idea Informer » Feedback 2.0

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    You don't need to make the token a character; nor does it need to be on the CT. Just drag a token directly from Assets > Tokens onto the map. If you want to give it vision or light then use the token vision or token light settings in the lighting sub menu on the right hand side. Once on the map anyone can see the token and anyone can move it.
    I'll need to test this when I'm home, hopefully it works without darkvision because my map uses colour!

The last problem would just be the token border/circle around it but I guess that'll be something I will put in the Feedback 2.0 forum page.

I'll need to test this when I'm home, hopefully it works without darkvision because my map uses colour!

The last problem would just be the token border/circle around it but I guess that'll be something I will put in the Feedback 2.0 forum page.
    Yes, it works with any light or vision type. I just happened to use darkvision for the image I posted.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've just attempted to build a hex crawl where I want to give the players a moveable token they can see from and move themselves over the map. <snip>
    ... it'd be nice to at least have the ability to not have the token border and circle get in the way when people click on it.
    I'm doing the same right now (PF2 Kingmaker) and I have the same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The selection ring is not customizable other than color (which is handled by the ruleset code internally based on faction); and is sized based on the size of the token graphic. (i.e. larger tokens get larger selection rings)
    So, would it be possible to (via an extension) to code the color of the ring to be totally transparent for tokens not from the CT?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information