DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Adventuring Without a Helmet

I am not looking for advice, this is an observation and a public safty announcement for players.

The group I am playing D&D5E with all have a few years with RPGs and watched more videos than me. So I was surprised how many of them this trap worked on. It was not designed to be a Gotcha Trap. I thought more people wore helmets and didn't look on their character sheets to check.

The trap is a one-foot diameter log that swings down from behind. The log sweeps through a ten foot space parallel to the floor and will hit anyone or thing between 5.5 to 6 feet off the ground. On a failed save you are knocked forward and prone, if no helmet knocked unconscious and forward.

One character was a mage so no helm. The second player assumed a helmet was included when you bought armor. Another thought since it didn't contribute to AC it didn't matter. The fourth was dragonborn and didn't like the look of helmets.

So for your own safety please wear a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-f...orSikkerTrafik
    The video is safe for work just keep the volume down.

Quote Originally Posted by Moroz View Post
    I am not looking for advice, this is an observation and a public safty announcement for players.

The group I am playing D&D5E with all have a few years with RPGs and watched more videos than me. So I was surprised how many of them this trap worked on. It was not designed to be a Gotcha Trap. I thought more people wore helmets and didn't look on their character sheets to check.

The trap is a one-foot diameter log that swings down from behind. The log sweeps through a ten foot space parallel to the floor and will hit anyone or thing between 5.5 to 6 feet off the ground. On a failed save you are knocked forward and prone, if no helmet knocked unconscious and forward.

One character was a mage so no helm. The second player assumed a helmet was included when you bought armor. Another thought since it didn't contribute to AC it didn't matter. The fourth was dragonborn and didn't like the look of helmets.

So for your own safety please wear a helmet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD-f...orSikkerTrafik
    The video is safe for work just keep the volume down.

LOL, nice video!

Yes, this is one of the things Gurps gets right bigtime.

Thread Information