FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last

Bayne's Fantasy Eats- feedback thread

I'll link the video here once it gets uploaded. Please post any Feedback here! Including recipe requests!

https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/715/view

eats.jpg

https://youtu.be/-sd94qT6UzY

Alchemy Update:

Automated for : 5e, 2e, PF1/3.5, OSE, SW White Box
    Last edited by bayne7400; July 27th, 2022 at 15:59.

This looks really interesting and entertaining.

entertaining is what i was going for. I plan on adding to the recipe tables as we go along ha

First of all, it is a great extension. Thank you for making it. I was wondering if it's possible to save a recipe, eg: if we enter the ingredients for Traveler's Stew then next time if we put the same ingredients into the "pot" it will automatically know its name? Or vice versa we can select the recipe from a cookbook and will look for the ingredients in the inventory. Oh, and by the way is it possible, that it reduces the number of ingredients from the inventory of the "chef". One more question came to my mind based on "chef" is it possible to change the Die Roll from d20 to Toolset cook's utensils if the character is trained with the toolset and possibly has the Chef Feat?

Yeah worked on getting the inventory to decrement for a good while and gave up. I plan on coming back to it.

I like the recipe idea. I need to think of a way to store the recipe.

I'll need to go look at the feat and how we can integrate it.

Hey so I looked it up and I do not have Tasha's in FG. How did they implement the feat? Does it give you a "power" to restore health?

Quote Originally Posted by reddragonstory View Post
    First of all, it is a great extension. Thank you for making it. I was wondering if it's possible to save a recipe, eg: if we enter the ingredients for Traveler's Stew then next time if we put the same ingredients into the "pot" it will automatically know its name? Or vice versa we can select the recipe from a cookbook and will look for the ingredients in the inventory. Oh, and by the way is it possible, that it reduces the number of ingredients from the inventory of the "chef". One more question came to my mind based on "chef" is it possible to change the Die Roll from d20 to Toolset cook's utensils if the character is trained with the toolset and possibly has the Chef Feat?

Ok see if you can break it for me I added the skill roll. Just click the button and it will look for the Cooking skill on the character. sheet I added this for 5E and 2E rulesets.

cooking skill.jpg

It is not currently encoded to roll with adv/disadv.
    Last edited by bayne7400; July 22nd, 2022 at 20:01.

I don't think that I'm allowed to copy the rule here, but I guess I can summarize it:
    Basically, on short rest, you can cook special food enough for a number of creatures equal to 4 + your proficiency bonus, these foods can be eaten at the end of the short rest. Anyone who eats these and spends one or more Hit Dice to regain hit points regains an extra 1d8 hit points.
    On a long rest, you can cook a number of treats equal to your proficiency bonus. It can be eaten in a bonus action to gain temporary hit points equal to your proficiency bonus.

First of all, thanks for the quick response. It seems working great, with a few remarks
    As far as I know, the name of the toolset (skill) is "cook's utensils" not "cooking utensil", so if someone using this term (cook's utensils) the extension doesn't realise as an appropriate skill (toolset)
    So if it's possible to use both terms (or to enter the toolset name as a variable, as it is working in the Requested Rolls extension, if I remember right)

I tested the following scenarios:
    - No skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox unticked - OK (no error message, using automatically with d20)
    - No skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, using automatically with d20)
    - Skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly), working fine with normal proficiency, expertise (double proficiency) and half proficiency, with different base abilities (Dex and Int tested)
    - Skill added (Cooking Utensils - checking case sensitivity) and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly)
    - Skill added (cooking utensils) with misc modifier and checkbox ticked - OK (no error message, used the skill properly) (One remark after I set a Misc modifier for the Custom Skill I wasn't able to change it, had to remove and add again, it is most probably not because of this Extesnon, but maybe another one or FG)
    - Skill added (cooking utensils) and checkbox unticked - Not OK (used the skill anyway)
    - Skill added (cook's utensils - PHB name for toolset) and checkbox ticked - Not OK (not using the skill)
    Last edited by reddragonstory; July 23rd, 2022 at 03:02.

Yeah Ill tweak the parser and check out the issue with the unchecked box.

Thread Information