FG Spreadshirt Swag

Multiple d size dice single rolls

Hope the title is not too confusing. Is there a way to set up multiple dice to roll at a time that are different sizes, without adding them to the hotbar?

For information, looking at starting work on a ruleset for Sentinels Comics RPG and it is very fluid in dice rolls. You combine 3 different dice according to what combination of power and quality you choose to use, plus a status die. These usually range from a d6 to a d12, and change combinations from roll to roll. So one roll may be d6/d8/d8 and the next roll could be d6/d0/d12. Also, the total of the dice roll does not usually matter, only the values and min to max sorting. There is not a real set combination for anything that can be done, so the constantly changing combos make using the hotbar cumbersome.

Some sort of set array would be ideal, where 3 columns of selectable dice are set up with checkboxes that would allow you to choose a die in each column then roll the three dice together. But, I am not really that good of a programmer and not sure that can be done in this system.

Any ideas or suggestions?

As part of an action (rolling dice) you put together a LUA table of dice records. You can have many different dice within a single action.

And step by step details on creating an action in FG is covered in this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ns)-in-CoreRPG Post #3 shows the rRoll.aDice LUA table being constructed - just a single d20 in this example.

Additionally, information on the dice table that is used to store results and display details in the chat window is available here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...996644567/Comm
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ok, thanks. I will dig in to it. And since you are from Colorado, GO AVS!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joram Mistwalker View Post
    And since you are from Colorado, GO AVS!!!!!!!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Joram Mistwalker View Post
    Ok, thanks. I will dig in to it. And since you are from Colorado, GO AVS!!!!!!!
    He is not from Colarado; not with his accent
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I am not either, but we both obviously have good taste in teams.

Blog Entries
    There is a Dice Pool extension from ianmward floating around that might help you.

Well it might help Joram - it probably wont help with Trenloe's accent though.

Ok, will look for that one as well. Thanks.

damned, that will do exactly what I wanted. Thanks!!!
    Last edited by Joram Mistwalker; July 19th, 2022 at 03:57. Reason: update

Thread Information