Hello all,

I'm at somewhat of a stressful time in life at the moment and looking for a bit of an escape via AD&D 2E in particular, that being my first and still favorite version of D&D to have played. I'd also consider 3.5 Ed or (less enthusiastically, I admit) 5th Ed. As well, a Star Wars campaign using almost any ruleset save FFG. There's a lot to read and I will try to highlight the sections by relevance, because I think providing the data in advance keeps people from wasting their time on a poor recruit!

Regarding AD&D: Faerun was always my favored setting, and I'm generally looking for that or a similarly high fantasy but still mostly inoffensive backdrop, with a friendly group appreciative of role-playing. Given the robust support for AD&D available via R20, I've fingers crossed there may be some games out there! I'm looking for a long term campaign so that we can really get to develop a rapport as characters and players, but stringing together modules with the same party or something similar would also work!

With regard to my own preferences, it's all about role-playing as stated, but I do have a particular liking in AD&D for the odd classes requiring those difficult rolls to get (paladin/ranger/druid/bard/etc)! Kits are great, too. I'd want to learn about the setting and party composition before deciding any of that, find my own niche.

Regarding 5E: Well, you won't be surprised to hear I consult Unearthed Arcana material a lot for ideas. I'm burnt out on the core options. I greatly appreciate freedom of character creation as a way to forge my own role in the group and add uniquely to the narrative. Pretty much everything else in the AD&D portion applies here save the rules bits.

Regarding Star Wars: As an outlier, I'd also love to play in a campaign using the Star Wars SAGA edition ruleset, or possibly D6. It has been a while! I have an idea for a very specific campaign with a great deal of story and acting emphasis, possibly streamed for the entertainment of my gaming channels. It doesn't have to be that, though!

Other Games: If I'm honest, I am not much looking for other games at this time, even though I'd like to play seven days a week. It takes my mind off of my chronic pain for a bit! You can propose other opportunities, I just warn you of the odds right now.

The Essentials: No matter the system, I love an open world where choices matter and we're not locked to the rails of the current module or plotline. The ability to diverge and pursue some personal goals goes a long way with me, as does freedom of creativity with regard to character creation. A spread of options is a great thing to have, as playing what I truly feel like playing brings out the best role-playing in me for all to enjoy!
With respect to role-playing, that's just my element and I love it in any game where it's heavily utilized. I was a voice actor in anime and related genres prior to being physically disabled, and I still occasionally do this work from my home studio. Give me a game and a character to portray, be they funny or serious, and I'll have a ball.

In my opinion as someone who has been down the same road a million times (no matter the system discussed) and the lowest levels can be both dull and murderous for lack of abilities developed at that point. I'll consider the higher levels straight away, avoiding the limiter of the lower levels, a big bonus!

I have no objection to joining an ongoing game which is at this point, especially if you'll be going on for a good while longer. A group of mature, relaxed, respectful friends within and without the sessions is a welcome thing right now.

Thanks very much for considering my request for a place at your table, and I hope to hear from you. Please feel free to reach out via Discord at Legacy Ark Games#0725.

SUMMARY INFO

Fantasy Grounds Licenses: FGU Ultimate, FGC Demo (I am fully stocked up on 2E class and rule books)
Experience: 27+ years of tabletop, beginning with AD&D2E and every edition thereafter, along with many other settings! Professional GM.
Availability: Currently 2pm-10pm EST, Monday through Friday. Break time essential at 6pm.
Summary Seeking: Role-playing and good story, with flexible character creation options, in Faerun. Content mostly family friendly level, excepting violence (kind of a hallmark of the game). Friendly, mature, relaxed players. Long term campaign or series of campaigns, that we can become friends and better develop our stories together along the way. A smaller group, 4-6 characters at most, suits me best so that everyone has a chance to shine and explore their character's story. I strongly favor a high level game and do not mind joining one in progress if it's going to last a good while longer. Ongoing games with no planned end date to their adventures are equally welcome.
Payment: Prefer to pay via Verified PayPal. Let me know what your rate is when you reach out, or when we talk! Please understand that, being disabled, I can't play for games at very high premium prices (have had some approach asking for $50+, the cost of an entire curated campaign run by myself).
Contact: Please feel free to reach me via Discord at Legacy Ark Games#0725!