DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Add an Image to an Item

Hi guys,
    I want to share handouts as object to character inventory so I think (like in 5e) to create a parcel and to add an Item where I can add a link to the handout image but I notice that is not possible to add the link in an item entry except for section called Keeper that is obviously not visible to player..
    Someone know a workaround to suggest??
    (I know I can share the image but I woulf prefer to manage all with items).

Thank you..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Not sure I completely understand what you’re trying to accomplish. Maybe you could post some pictures from the D&D ruleset to help explain? You can use parcels to give items to players. If you mean give an individual player an image, then you drag it to the connected player rather than use the standard share which will allow all connected players to see it.

As you mention, links to images can only be added to the Keeper section, as that is a FG formatted text field. The other item data fields are plan text, so you can't add a link to those.

I've thrown a quick extension together (attached) that adds a "Misc. and Links" formatted text field to the bottom of the item window. Put the "CoC 7e Item Links.ext" file in your <FG app data>\extensions directory and load up a CoC 7e campaign - enable the extension called "Feature: Coc 7e Item Links" and you'll see the extra fields at the bottom of the item record when you edit it. This field will be shown to the players even if the item is unidentified.

As the CoC 7e ruleset code isn't accessible I've made some guesses when creating this - I've done limited testing and it seems to work OK.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 13th, 2022 at 00:03.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you @sedgetone and @Trenloe but the last one "hit the mark"..

@Trenloe just made a fast checking (it seems it is all right) and I can only tell you thank you.. For me this ext is a game helper envaluable .... I normally use items with images and accurate descriptions or story to get info to player so they can "store" them as inventory items..

As always this community is a Top Value for this VTT!!!

Thank you guys..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

@Trenloe could you add that to Forge please? Never come across a need to do this but it seems like a really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by sedgetone View Post
    @Trenloe could you add that to Forge please? Never come across a need to do this but it seems like a really good idea.
    I've asked the ruleset developer if they will consider adding it direct to the ruleset.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Ohhh yes well done @Trenloe..
    Daniele Roitero
    Trieste, Italy

Thread Information