FG Spreadshirt Swag

Pathfinder Society: Going Forward

Hello Everyone!

I am going to be developing the Pathfinder Society Scenarios for Fantasy Grounds, starting with the newer material but with the intent on getting everything into the store and available for anyone who enjoys PFS on FG and would like to save themselves the time and effort to creating the material for it yourself. I would love nothing better than to say that Fantasy Grounds is the leader in PFS on the VTT!

For starters, I will be tackling the latest in Season 3 and preparing for Season 4 with the intent of having the newest material in the store on or as near to the release date as possible.

As for my goals with the individual content of each scenario, I am attacking that with the idea of “what would I want to see if I was running or playing through one of these adventures?” So, you should expect each to include all the beautiful artwork that comes with the scenario; an easy to read, easy to run format with a full feature reference manual and story-mode index to make navigating simple; Line of Sight and Lighting as appropriate for all maps; full automation of creatures; and a full array of easy-to-use encounters – this includes encounters built for groups that have a challenge scale that goes beyond the base encounter!

The idea will be to have everything on hand, easy to reference, with easy to implement formats that will make playing a breeze. I welcome feedback, suggestions, and comments that will help make playing PFS on FG the best possible experience it can be.

~ Valleja/Lissa

Awesome news! Welcome Valleja/Lissa!
    Daniel Salles de Araújo (@dsaraujo)
    Developer of PFRPG2 GM Enhancements - Improve your Pathfinder 2E game!
    Check out the Pathfinder Deck of Endless NPCs!

Quote Originally Posted by dsaraujo View Post
    Awesome news! Welcome Valleja/Lissa!
    Thanks!

I just finished Pathfinder Society Scenario #3-15: Cavern of the Sundered Song, which I hope we can get into review and then the store very soon. I am eyeing the next season 3 scenario now with the hopes I can catch up in short order and also be ready to have Season 4 start in concert with the Paizo release.

I'll give some sneak previews soon of 3-15, but as a hint I have added all adjusted creatures needed for Scaling Encounters, for those who play with groups that need the adjustments and also one-button versions of these alternative encounters for all level ranges so that every possible standard use of the adventure should be ready to run. It'll have LOS and lighting, and if there are special events that require additional automation that's outside of the normal hazards and creatures, I've tried to add easy uses of those as well (there is one area in 3-15 that requires this).

I hope everyone who gives it a try will enjoy it and I look forward to feedback, suggestions, and even bug reports.

~ Valleja/Lissa

Hello, welcome and thanks for your work! I was actually considering running exactly scenario 3-15 as an intermission while our GM is on summer break

Anyway, I have a question about this statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by Valleja View Post
    this includes encounters built for groups that have a challenge scale that goes beyond the base encounter!
    What does this exactly entail? Will there be encounters prepped for any configuration of levels even below and above what the tiers of the scenario are? Or is it more of a "if you play with [x amount of] players, use this encounter configuration instead"? Or both? Or something else that I'm not thinking of?

Quote Originally Posted by Montis View Post
    Hello, welcome and thanks for your work! I was actually considering running exactly scenario 3-15 as an intermission while our GM is on summer break

Anyway, I have a question about this statement:

What does this exactly entail? Will there be encounters prepped for any configuration of levels even below and above what the tiers of the scenario are? Or is it more of a "if you play with [x amount of] players, use this encounter configuration instead"? Or both? Or something else that I'm not thinking of?
    Hi! Sorry for the delay. Busy week for me.

In the Pathfinder Society Scenarios, there is the usual assortment of set encounters you'd expect with any adventure style module. However, because PFS is designed to allow a random assortment of players to come together and share in the experience, it's quite possible that the group could consist of players of slightly different levels and parties of more than four to be playing together. Because of this, each PFS Scenario comes with Appendixes for each encounter with suggested changes to account for different types of groups.

What I did in my first full effort with 3-15 is to include all the new creatures needed (which includes when Weak or Elite versions are suggested) as well as the Encounters built for each so using one of these non-standard conflicts can still be done with a simple add to CT single click you expect with adding an encounter to the VTT. I am not sure how many people play these PFS Scenarios with non-standard party makeups, but for those who do, I am hoping this makes their ability to scale with the scenarios much easier!

If you aren't familiar with Challenge Points (determining how to scale a PFS Scenario), there's a pretty good explanation at the Organized Play Foundation.

Hope that helps you understand what I am trying to accomplish!

~ Valleja/Lissa

Quote Originally Posted by Valleja View Post
    Hope that helps you understand what I am trying to accomplish!
    Yes, that explains it perfectly! Thanks for taking your time to reply and also to do this!

Thread Information