FG Spreadshirt Swag

Init modifiers as part of weapon attributes?

Since certain weapons and other factors (like shield out) give modifiers to init, is it possible to have this factored into the weapon without having to manually add it to the combat tracker each time? It would be nice.

I use an effect to adjust init if someone has a longer/shorter weapon. Just add the effect for 20 rnds or so (combats rarely run longer than that) and roll init as normal.

I'm sure Dak will be along in a bit with a proper answer

Regards

Rainbird

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post
    I use an effect to adjust init if someone has a longer/shorter weapon. Just add the effect for 20 rnds or so (combats rarely run longer than that) and roll init as normal.

I'm sure Dak will be along in a bit with a proper answer

Regards

Rainbird
    Yes I know how to do it with effects, however it would be nice if it was actually built into the weapon in case the person switches weapon etc. I'm not sure how difficult this is, there is a lot to consider, i.e. is it a longer weapon? Is it a polearm? Is it two-handed? Is a shield out?

As you point out there is a lot to consider so it makes it tough to automate. NPCs don't have a way to specify which weapon they have equipped so determining longer weapon, polearm or two-handed becomes tough to apply to all the combatants. Plus that chart also has whether they are charging and some have if it is the first round or not. Some of that is going to have to be determined by the GM and not by automation.

I might be able to add a field to the items that gives a Init bonus when it is equipped but that would only apply to the PCs since there isn't a way to specify which item a NPC has equipped.

Well if it doesn't include NPCs then there's not much point. Except NPCs usually have one melee and one missile so maybe you could extrapolate based on that?

The issue is they could have more than one. There is nothing preventing a GM from adding extra attacks. So it would require redoing the attack portion of the combat tracker so that only one attack could be selected at a time but that wouldn't prevent someone from having something selected when initiative is rolled and then changing it when it's their initiative. There are just too many loopholes to effectively automate it. I am not saying that it can't be done but it likely won't work exactly how most people want it because there are so many different ways to handle initiative in RM. That is why using effects that you put on the hotkey bar is the way that I recommend doing it. Just put the most common ones on the hotkey bar and then it makes it easy to apply them.

Ok, don't worry about it, I think automating experience is way more imporant.

Thread Information