STAR TREK 2d20

New brush lines are invisible

I started making a map and after a certain point, all new brush lines are just invisible. Everything that was there before seems to draw just fine, and the fill for a polygon draws, but no new lines will. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Make sure you are painting on the top layer and not underneath something, or make sure the layer is not invisible to all.

Even if I turn off all other layers, the brush strokes still become invisible. If I place down a single point, I can see the preview of the stroke pointing towards my mouse, but as soon as I place down that second point, it no longer shows anything.

Quote Originally Posted by fiveloopDM View Post
    Even if I turn off all other layers, the brush strokes still become invisible. If I place down a single point, I can see the preview of the stroke pointing towards my mouse, but as soon as I place down that second point, it no longer shows anything.
    Screenshot please including layers.

I'm having the same issue. Brushes are drawing invisible lines no matter what brush I select, including just straight paint. If I set a fill, the fills show. The drawing nodes get created just fine... the lines connecting the nodes are invisible.

In the image below, the layer "invisible lines" is selected. The brush in this case was just a "Paint" with black color selected and full opacity. 0.1x0.1 size on a 100x100 pixel grid.

The blue square is on the second layer from the top. It was created using dock_coastlines_brush.png from the FG Coastlines Pack and a blue background with 100% opacity. I tried overriding the outline color to white and 100% opacity, but it affected nothing. Opening a new image allows me to draw, but not on this drawing. I've closed FGU but this image still won't draw visibly.

Stamping using the paintbrush tool on the paint layer works fine. But lines drawn by the line/rectangle/oval tools do not.

FGU_Broken_Brush.png

Edit: Because the nodes are there, I can derive walls, too... I just can't see the brush strokes!

fgu_broken_brush_walls.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by donperk; September 4th, 2022 at 07:00.

I've done some playing around by making copies of my map. The issue seems to be related to tile count. I tend to use tiles instead of brushes or paint stamps and it seems there is a critical number of tiles that block the display of brush lines. After deleting a few tile-heavy folders, the brush strokes started showing up.

Sadly, in my case, I have to delete every tile layer except the background to get the brushes to show up.

Anyway, I hope this helps someone else that is dealing with invisible brush strokes.

FGU_Broken_Brush_VISIBLE!.png

Can you post your campaign where the issue occurs, as well as specifying which image record name we should look at?

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information