DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

PFRPG Spell Failure Extension

This extension rolls arcane failure chance when the cast button of the spell on the actions tab is clicked and adds effects for modifying failure chance and forcing/bypassing it.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.

Demonstration Video:
    Last edited by bmos; August 29th, 2021 at 22:38.

I tried a "NPC vs NPC", dragon vs devil. The dragon targetted the devil and used its breath weapon.

Script Error: [string "scripts/spell_failure.lua"]:112: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil)
    Runtime Notice: s'replaceCastRollFont - starting. rMessageGM, rMessagePlayer = ' | { s'text' = s'Save [15][vs. DC 28] -> [for Devil, Ice (gelugon)] [vs BambaHamut, il dragone fattone] [AUTOMATIC FAILURE]', s'font' = s'msgfont' } | { s'font' = s'msgfont', s'icon' = s'roll_cast', s'text' = s'Save -> [for Devil, Ice (gelugon)] [vs BambaHamut, il dragone fattone]' }

seems like it's looking for the ASF field even though NPCs don't have it

Quote Originally Posted by Asgurgolas View Post
    I tried a "NPC vs NPC", dragon vs devil. The dragon targetted the devil and used its breath weapon.
    Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/spell_failure.lua"]:112: bad argument #1 to 'lower' (string expected, got nil)
    Runtime Notice: s'replaceCastRollFont - starting. rMessageGM, rMessagePlayer = ' | { s'text' = s'Save [15][vs. DC 28] -> [for Devil, Ice (gelugon)] [vs BambaHamut, il dragone fattone] [AUTOMATIC FAILURE]', s'font' = s'msgfont' } | { s'font' = s'msgfont', s'icon' = s'roll_cast', s'text' = s'Save -> [for Devil, Ice (gelugon)] [vs BambaHamut, il dragone fattone]' }
    seems like it's looking for the ASF field even though NPCs don't have it
    It looks like I have already changed that part, so it might already be fixed. Just in case, I put in a specific check to make sure it only runs for PCs now and tested it and it doesn't error. This will be in the next update (and as always you can click the green code button then download zip and rename the zip to ext for my current test build -- no promises it will work correctly)
    Last edited by bmos; August 2nd, 2020 at 22:39.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    It looks like I have already changed that part, so it might already be fixed. Just in case, I put in a specific check to make sure it only runs for PCs now and tested it and it doesn't error. This will be in the next update (and as always you can click the green code button then download zip and rename the zip to ext for my current test build)
    I did not see a roll. The setting are set on Auto-Roll. Thanks

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

I had a lot of help and advice from many here at FG.

Thank You!

Quote Originally Posted by dellanx View Post
    I did not see a roll. The setting are set on Auto-Roll. Thanks
    What is the spell group named on the Actions tab?
    What is entered in the spell's components?
    What armor is equipped?
    Unity or Classic?
    Last edited by bmos; August 2nd, 2020 at 23:00.

What armor is equipped?
    Unity or Classic?
    bmos,

Magus Spells Prepared

Black Tentacles, Components: V, S, M (octopus or squid tentacle)

What armor is equipped?
    +1 agile breastplate 25% spell fail

Should there be a spell fail roll?
    What happens if it is just V or V,S?

Thanks

These are the modules and extensions created and/or taken over by dellanx for PFRPG.

Thank You!

bmos,

Magus Spells Prepared

Black Tentacles, Components: V, S, M (octopus or squid tentacle)

What armor is equipped?
    +1 agile breastplate 25% spell fail

Should there be a spell fail roll?
    What happens if it is just V or V,S?

Thanks
    Also, you need to have the name of the spell class entered as just the class name. "Bard" will work but not "Bard Spells," for example.
    Here's your issue The spell class is just not what it needs to be. I could make this less specific but it could end up doing multiple rolls for Arcanists and such who need multiple spell classes to track their spells. Only the relevant class name should be in the title of the class used to cast spells.

V would result in no roll
    V, S would result in a roll
    Last edited by bmos; August 3rd, 2020 at 10:41.

Here's your issue The spell class is just not what it needs to be. I could make this less specific but it could end up doing multiple rolls for Arcanists and such who need multiple spell classes to track their spells. Only the relevant class name should be in the title of the class used to cast spells.

V would result in no roll
    V, S would result in a roll
    So I should test it on a wizard lets say?

Thank You!

So I should test it on a wizard lets say?
    Or just name the Magus' spell class "Magus" instead of "Magus Prepared Spells"

Or just name the Magus' spell class "Magus" instead of "Magus Prepared Spells"
    I see, very cool, thank you!

Thank You!

Thread Information