DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Race import issue

I tried importing a new race and it works almost flawlessly.
    The issue is on the [OTHER] Tab. Once the race is created, no other links (for tables, etc.) can be added. The TRAITS and Sub-RACE areas allow adding but only as a label, the link can't be placed.
    If this is by design, then how do we add tables to the race?
    Thanks
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

You would link any tables (and I'm assuming you mean rollable tables here) either to the Main tab or into one of the race traits or to the main tab of a subrace. Same thing for any images or anything else you want to link.

The other tab is simply a list of traits and subraces; you can't directly link anything to that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    I'll keep playing with it. The [OTHER] Tab also doesn't allow text formatting (Also, probably by design)
    Ultimate License Holder- Playin' D&D since '79, GMing since '81 and still rockin' the geriatric crowd.

What is it you want to put on the other tab that can't be put elsewhere? As I say the other tab is simply a list of traits and subraces. It has no other purpose and nothing else should be put there at all.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    There isn't actually anything that NEEDS to go on the [OTHER] Tab. But, there is a lot of text associated with Races, Spells etc. that, should be somewhere without the need to clutter the real estate on the [MAIN] tab. From how I see it, flexibility is seldom a bad thing if it doesn't interfere with the parsing mechanics. Perhaps, another category (Sub-Races, Traits, Other) or a new Tab? Just some random thoughts from a vacant mind.
    Thank again

Without specific examples I'm lost as to what you really need.

Anything which is a race trait should be in a trait. So if the race has an innate ability to cast a spell then there should be a trait for that and all the text for that should be in the trait (along with a link to the spell). If the race has some ability which requires a table then the table should be in the trait. In other words you don't need anything in the main page at all really except some general information about the race. Everything else goes in traits and those traits are listed in the other tab (the other tab is also where you would create traits if not using the importer).

Only the traits will get used by FG; most will get posted into the character sheet in specific locations; like languages, speed, size, special vision types etc. Anything else will get added to the abilities tab such as a dwarfs poison resistance or elves resistance to sleep magic. So there's no need for anything else to be written into the other tab and even if it could be FGFU would ignore it if it isn't a trait or a subrace.

If you look at any of the raves in any modules you'll see the pattern of how they are set out.

Thanks Zacchaeus,
    Perhaps, I'm conflating the purpose for the fields on the Race input. Up until this point, all of my testing has been in terms of using the Reference Manual Builder and not the actual use in generating the character sheet entries.
    Sorry about the wild goose chase.

Thread Information