DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Defeat markers no longer work in new Savage Worlds campaign.

Defeat markers no longer work in new Savage Worlds campaign.
    In old campaigns they do work.

1. Create a new campaign in test branch.
    2. Turn on defeat markers
    3. Place NPC on CT then drag to map.
    4. Mark as Incapacited on CT
    5. Delete button will appear on CT
    6. When pressed the token will be removed from the map and defeat marker will fail to appear.

Orginaly posted to lab for new build. Suspect that this bug has been around a while and is in current live branch as well. In an existing campaign that has been running for a while you find no issue at all. This problem seems to only crop up in brand new created campaigns.
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 4th, 2022 at 15:38.
    Ultimate License holder.
    Over 10 years on Fantasy Grounds !

It looks like the ruleset developer set this up so that defeated markers require a visible grid on the map. Since he is currently away for a bit, I'm going to try just stripping out the visible grid check at place that update in the beta Test channel for now.

Regards,
    JPG

The markers do work if theres a grid on the map. Its never stopped working for me and I utilize a grid. I removed the grid to test and they in fact dont work gridless

Quote Originally Posted by Redemption77 View Post
    The markers do work if theres a grid on the map. Its never stopped working for me and I utilize a grid. I removed the grid to test and they in fact dont work gridless
    To test properly you need a new campaign
    Ultimate License holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It looks like the ruleset developer set this up so that defeated markers require a visible grid on the map. Since he is currently away for a bit, I'm going to try just stripping out the visible grid check at place that update in the beta Test channel for now.

Regards,
    JPG
    You nailed it. Test passed on test branch. Well done!

This was quite tricky to find. People that have campaigns running before the deafeat markers broke will still have them functioning in a older campaign. What this means is you get a pile of reports from people that can't find the issue because it will not effect them. Replication steps require a clean test enviroment. When testing I always create a completely new campaign with nothing else loading. I also set a visible grid for testing. Maps are either just grids or the official basic maps modules.

Latest build solves the problem. Also very happy to report that the old issue of coordinate errors remains fixed. Excellent work !
    Last edited by Lonewolf; July 8th, 2022 at 18:47.
    Ultimate License holder.

Thread Information