DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Multi Action Button Doesn't Work with NPC's?

Just realized that selecting the multi-action (2 or 3 Actions) button doesn't apply the negative modifiers for NPC's (bad guys) being run by the GM. Is this a known issue?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Rooster Cogburn: Shot? Or killed?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

We'll need to know which ruleset you're referring to.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sorry, I'm using Savage Worlds in FGU, with Weird Wars 2. I couldn't get the modifiers to work with any of the NPC soldiers.

multiaction issue.PNG
    Last edited by Meliath1742; July 2nd, 2022 at 18:04.
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Mister Cogburn, in your four years as US Marshal, how many men have you shot?
    Cross-examining Lawyer: Let us restrict it to killed so we may have a manageable figure!

It looks like it was always built for the desktop modifier buttons to only work for PCs or NPCs added to combat tracker.

I think I was able to enable it for all NPCs which I'll add to the beta Test this week; but I'm just doing maintenance on this ruleset, so you'll have to let me know if it works without issue.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    It looks like it was always built for the desktop modifier buttons to only work for PCs or NPCs added to combat tracker.

I think I was able to enable it for all NPCs which I'll add to the beta Test this week; but I'm just doing maintenance on this ruleset, so you'll have to let me know if it works without issue.

Regards,
    JPG
    Thanks, I should get a chance to check it out this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post

Regards,
    JPG
    Shouldn't that be standard, it has to be on the CT first (and also has to be it's turn)?

Why would you not want it on the CT and then do a multi-action? OOC the MAP would not matter anyway.

EDIT: Just testing and it definitely needs to be a PC or NPC on the Combat Tracker because the MAP button stays active forever until the PC/NPC ends their turn.
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; July 7th, 2022 at 23:02.

That's a good point. There's no "end of turn" for stand-alone NPCs to know when it should turn the button off. I'm wondering if I should just leave as originally built for now...

Regards,
    JPG

I was trying to use it with the npc in the CT.

Quote Originally Posted by Meliath1742 View Post
    I was trying to use it with the npc in the CT.
    It works fine for me using the exact setup from your screenshot in post #3. Can you test again - making sure the NPC window is opened from an NPC in the combat tracker?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It works fine for me using the exact setup from your screenshot in post #3. Can you test again - making sure the NPC window is opened from an NPC in the combat tracker?
    It seems to be working fine. Tried it from the CT and the NPC's character sheet...no problems. Thanks for the help! ;-)

Thread Information