DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Level-Relative XP Awards in Fantasy Grounds Unity

I apologize if this has come up before -- I searched but couldn't find this exact question addressed (possibly because my search-fu is weak).

I'm GMing my group's first PF2 campaign (Age of Ashes, book 1) in FG Unity after many years of playing PF1 in FG Classic. PF2 has level-relative XP awards as per p. 508 of the core rulebook -- meaning that if the adversary level is lower than the party level, the encounter is worth fewer experience points, and if the adversary level is greater than the party level, it's worth more XP. So far in FGU, when I award XP to the party, it's just giving them whatever the XP listed for the encounter and is not automatically adjusting for the difference in level.

Is there some way to get FG to automatically adjust XP awards based on the difference between party level and adversary level? I'm hoping that there's an option or UI toggle somewhere I missed, or something I didn't set up correctly in the party sheet or something.

There's nothing to do this automatically for you. It's on the future development roadmap but won't be out for a while.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Some info from another thread: An encounter is usually listed as a specific threat for a party of 4 PCs at an average level. For example, Severe 2, Moderate 1, Low 3, etc.. The general rule of thumb is that if the party level is one below then the threat increases by 1, two below and it increases by 2; similarly, if one above the encounter threat reduces by 1, etc.. See TABLE 10-1: Encounter Budget from the Core Rules (in the "Tables" section at the back of the Core Rules DLC Reference Manual in FG - C10 - Tables page) for the different threat levels. If you need to adjust the XP awarded along these lines, add the encounter to the XP section of the Party Sheet and then adjust the XP there before awarding to the party.

For example, if you have a Severe 3 encounter (average xp budget = 120xp for a level 3 party), but the party is at level 4 - the threat reduces one level to Moderate which is on average worth 80xp.
    Last edited by Trenloe; July 1st, 2022 at 01:27.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information