DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Bug? Players can't see Painting layer

FGU, 5e, DM.

In the last game, the players were unable to see the contents of a particular painting layer on their map. Layer visibility was set to "All" in Image Control and I could see it in Player Preview. They were able to see the painting layer immediately above it in the layer stack. Cycling through the layer visibility settings restored the image.

If it's relevant, both layers were similar images - masses of cobwebs applied as stamps - but the layer which was properly visible was drawn before the recent upgrades to Image control, and the layer which was initially invisible was added to the map post-upgrade.
    Alea iacta est

Just to clarify my understanding,

* Were all the layers set to visible state before players joined the session, or did you change the visibility of the layers during the session while players were connected?

If you can join your own session locally with a second instance, and help track down the steps where you saw it occur; that would help greatly.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just to clarify my understanding,

* Were all the layers set to visible state before players joined the session, or did you change the visibility of the layers during the session while players were connected?
    To the best of my recollection (it was 10 days ago) all relevant layers were set to visible and nothing was changed during the session.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    If you can join your own session locally with a second instance, and help track down the steps where you saw it occur; that would help greatly.
    I'll have a go tomorrow and see what happens.
    Alea iacta est

My apologies for the late update.

I've been unable to reproduce this to order; however, it has happened again, this time on a map I'm still working on (not shared with players) and this time I was able to catch it on video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKeDFxumqmo

The video shows the map as it was on opening, without any changes made. Two Painting layers "Ferns" and "Pool Plants 2" are shown as Visible to All in the layer stack but are not visible on the map. Cycling through the visibility settings restores them to visibility.
    Alea iacta est

Can you please provide a zipped up copy of the campaign folder, as well as the name of the image affected?

Thanks,
    JPG

Here you go. The map I'm currently working on is GT 02f The Fungus Cavern. The map we originally had the problem with is GT 02d Eastern Tomb
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information