FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    I have a suggestion, it would be really great to have the option to add custom skills. One of the first and most obvious limitations to the Fallout rules is the narrow skill set and I see many players have already made fill-able character sheets that allow for it. Would be nice to have that in the Fallout FGU set.

Another suggestion would be to add the option to make custom origins.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinmuriel View Post
    Another suggestion would be to add the option to make custom origins.
    You can create custom origins

Screenshot 2022-07-29 135110.png

As for your suggestion related to custom skills, the systems provided by Modiphius are very rigid with skills and how they are linked within the system. Something to consider, but not something that will be high on my list of expansion for the ruleset.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

I noticed that there doesn't seem to be an easy way to raise the difficulty of an attack roll when using the d20 from the weapons section of the combat tab on the player character sheets. For example, when a weapon is out of range (incurring an +1 to the difficulty of attacks) and the player is targeting an NPC the attack bypasses the difficult modifier (D0, D1, D2, etc) and simply uses the targets defense. And that makes sense, because if it didn't the GM would have to set the target difficulty constantly which would be taxing.

But right now, in order to account for a difficulty increase we are switching to the Main tab and using the weapon skill to roll attack, then switching back to the combat tab to grab the damage dice from the weapon in order for the "hit location" to be rolled and damage applied correctly in the combat tracker.

It's not a big deal but its inconvenient and wastes time, not sure how to go about implementing it since adding a modifier using the modifier tool will add extra dice rather than alter difficulty. Maybe add a second modifier box for attacks? Or a little tab to the current box that applies a difficulty to the next attack?

Or maybe have an override button that temporarily allows the Difficulty modifier (D0-D6) to apply to combat?
    Last edited by Shinmuriel; August 13th, 2022 at 00:19.

See my response in this thread

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ranged-attacks

It involves making status effects that boost the defence stat for the creature being targeted by an attack instead of applying a penalty to the attacker. Does the same job as increasing difficulty

Hey, I have a question/suggestion.

One of players has an animal follower as an ally on her character sheet but she can't move the token for it when its on a map... I understand that the rules say that players are to roll CHA + Survival, INT + Science, etc to command allies but the FGU ruleset is a little too strict maybe? Is it possible to leave room for players to control there own allies token movement? I mean, I have enough going on as a GM with 20 menus open on three monitors, heh.

Am I missing something perhaps, there isn't an option to allow players to move their allies tokens is there?

It's a CoreRPG feature that needs to be enabled. In Options, you will need to turn on Token > Token: Party vision and movement. This will allow players to move allies.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Idea Informer

Okay to put on the wish list for Fallout FG.. I would love to have the alternate initiative option .

(if I had my way it would be every turn but that is just me)

Currently I am going to make a weapon called init and allow the pc to roll it to generate their initiative. (just in case you aren't familiar the fallout gamemaster's toolkit has alternative initiative option)
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Another suggestion or perhaps I just don't know how to tell my players to do it. Is there an assist option or button. Currently we just have player roll a d20 and check to see if meets the skill. I would be wonderful to have an Assist button which would allow a player to roll a single d20 against their skill.
    GM Ultimate license FGC and FGU

Just Finished running City of Eyes Level 20 Characters 5 players FGU
    Group now running new campaign.

Playing a Survival DND game in FGU

Running a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a Mutants and Masterminds game in FGU

Playing a DND campaign based in MIDGARD

Playing a Homebrew Campaign against the Dragon kings in FGU

Running a game of Fallout 2d20

Thread Information