STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Fallout 2d20 ruleset feedback and suggestions

We are preparing for some Fallout games in near future (with very high level of enthusiasm, because of the killer looking ruleset!), and until then I am providing some feedback from the perspective of me as GM and two group of players below.
    • Font size for body text - the body font is very small for all my players, myself including. They have from 1080p to 4k systems. Also, because we use electric green + black background, as in the old eye-burning CRT days, eye fatigue creeps in fast and is super heavy after short session of rules checking and item browsing. The scaleui is not a solution to this problem, because it increase every interface element and makes matter worse for the laptop users My suggestion is to provide extension that increase the font size for the body text or in general increase the font size (looking at the overall design, it should not break any interface element).
    • Images quality - many great looking images from the PDF look with artifacts in FGU. It seems the level of compression is too high and kills the crisp looking product. I got the "dated" remark.
    • Reference manual - The wish here is to have the book split in two - player and GM sections. There is no reason to share all NPC and other details with players. There are many people that have no remorse to cheat or sneak peek at stuffs that aren't supposed to be there. I know that if they have the PDF, there is nothing preventing them to do so, but still the approach taken with D&D and other product is really welcomed here. GM will be able to selectively share NPCs, rather than having the whole gang visible day 1.
    • More descriptive image names - names could be more user-friendly, rather than file-system like

Some enhancement suggestions
    • Party overview in party sheet - everyone loves the principle of party overview in party sheet in 5e. To see stats and key info of each in the group. Maybe for future enhancement.
    • Allow in GM options to prevent opening of character wizard on empty sheet. Player's don't want the wizard opened every time automatically.
    • Increase font size on tabs on PC and NPC sheets (yeah, this links to the first feedback) to be more visible.
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Thanks for the feedback and certainly things to consider.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Another suggestion from improvement after some testing of character generation and quick combats:

On the MAIN tab of the PC sheet:
    • Increase the size of the Traits/Perks frame to be bigger and accommodate bigger lists without scrolling, while reducing the Attributes frame just to fit static length of SPECIAL. High-level characters will have a lot in those lists and currently with 2-3 per line it is hard to navigate. Also some issues with alignment of the two lists and their headers. Screenshot attached.
    • Same for Allies, allow for more than few allies.

Inventory management:
    • When drag & drop gear to COMBAT tab, nothing happens, but the item is added silently to Inventory list. Players added too many weapons and gear without knowing. Either add the weapon directly to the equipped weapon or when moving to inventory print chat message informing the players for this. Also I think it is great to print player-only message when weapon is equipped and moved between tabs.
    • In Items library, add buttons that generate reference tables for Melee, Small, Big, Armor etc, like in D&D ruleset. Players love the summary tables to visualize easily and compare items, instead of clicking on each.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another suggestion that came from the group - allow ctrl+mouse scroll for increase/decrease various things in the PC sheets. In addition to the arrows.

Thanks for the feedback, I will take that into consideration.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Another suggestion from my side after round of character creation is to have equipment packs for origin and tag skills added automatically to the PC's inventory upon completion.

Time for another suggestion for improvement, that hopefully will land in the ruleset along the rest! The game is quite crunchy and heavy, and we have hard time remembering all Damage Effects and Weapon Qualities.

The suggestion is to implement tooltip or something else that is possible with FGU interface to quickly read what the Dmg Effect and Wpn Quality is. In Foundry VTT many systems implement very convenient for players labels to show all those things. Here I imagine at least something in the item's property - tooltip or label always visible.

Thank you for the feedback. I have this on my list of things to finalize. I have attempted during development to make this available, but all the solutions I was not happy with. With my new super secret project has them as well and if a solution is found Fallout will benefit as well.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

A super secret project!

Yup, could get you on double super secret probation if any hints are leaked.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

Thread Information