DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    Hey Zacchaeus, is there a recent one explaing all the GM & Player settings in the Options menu?
    See video three here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...203#post444203 It is a bit out of date and you've been directed to a more recent one (or three I think it is). In many ways this is too big a subject for what I had in mind really. Even if I fly through the options it would take 20 minutes or so. I should probably update that one though so at least it has the same interface as Unity has now.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Would a series of short intro videos done systematically for each different ruleset on the store be worthwhile?

Like for people familiar with the basic VTT elements of FG, so no need to cover the generic assets/images/etc but telling you the stuff you want to know on your first session running or playing a new system via FG.

Character generation, the combat tracker, what levels of automation are supported, anything that's conceptually quite different from other rulesets.

For example, Vaesen's combat tracker resolves combat result in stages because you can allocate excess successes to different things, so covering how that works as it's quite different from most systems.

But if char gen mostly works by drag and drop, you can just say that "You drag and drop your profession here and then likewise for talents" rather than going through in full step-by-step detail, so you can cover the bits which are different for this system.

I've been toying with short articles along those lines, so if I might find them useful in written form, others might find them useful as videos?

Cheers, Hywel
    Last edited by HywelPhillips; June 26th, 2022 at 19:58.

Probably but I don't really know many rulesets other than 5e and PFRPG2 so I'd be no use at that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Probably but I don't really know many rulesets other than 5e and PFRPG2 so I'd be no use at that.
    Fair do's

I might look at putting something together in written form for the ones I've got reasonably familiar with, then.

Blog Entries
    We seem to get a lot of questions around creating modules. Without going into a lot of detail, what about a short series related to development campaigns? Maybe something like;
    1) Creating a Development Campaign and exporting to a module
    2) Updating a Development Campaign and updating the exported module
    3) Re-Using Content from other modules in your development campaign (i.e. copy versus reference)
    4) ...?

Other topics, if you don't already have videos for them:
    - Exporting & Re-Using LOS from a Map
    - Exporting NPCs
    - Managing Characters in multiple campaigns

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yes, those are good suggestions. I have old videos on almost all of that; I've actually started on a program of updating most of my older videos. I posted a manage characters video just a couple of days ago in the How do I sticky in the House of Healing Unity forum. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...112#post492112

Blog Entries
    So much has changed in the last few years (and since many of the videos have been made) that any new ones will likely be welcomed. I think Stoehovve is doing an excellent job although it appears he recently got slowed down due to illness. It'll just take time for him to go through all the stuff that needs covering.
    FG:Unity Ultimate License Holder: Meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
    Timezone: UTC-6/CST (My 'Current' Local Time)
    Currently Running: An Old-School Essentials campaign, set in Hârn . . . Here is the discord channel -> Hârnic OSE.
    Current Design Project: Developing a stand-alone "Hârnic 5e" setting for OSE and Fifth Edition . . .

Thread Information