5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Stamp not wysiwyg or dumb user?

Hello there,

Alien ruleset, no extension,
    Destroyer of Worlds module.
    Some spoilers ahead, beware.

I'm trying to make an image with 3 layers, in order to easily move player tokens in between.
    I managed to get a (very nice) similar effect in another campaign (CoC ruleset) with sucess, with 3 layers of a boat.
    Here I use 3 images: Climbercargo, ClimberControl and ClimberPersonnel.
    FantasyGrounds_FWpe2ZlYrH.jpg
    FantasyGrounds_ENnKsrU1lP.jpg
    FantasyGrounds_E0tfqWLKdz.jpg

I use the Stamp functionnality to put climbers on top of each other.
    The problem: as you can see, when i clic to stamp, the resulting image is not set where i want to put it and the dimensions are wrong.
    So I can't use one of the "Climbers" as base image and stamp the other two on it in order to reveal the other floors to my players.
    I'm aware that I can simply open and share the other images to my players, and move their tokens on it, but I want to know why the image is deformed.
    The 3 pictures are somewhere between 8 and 10 Mo. Perhaps I have reached some limitation in Stamps usage?
    Thanks for your help.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I'm not sure. Stamps are really meant to add things to a base image; it looks like you are using a massive image to make a stamp instead of just using the image itself? If you create a new image using one of the images you can then drag the other two onto that image directly from assets to create layers two and three (I assume you want a three layer map where each layer is a different level).

Also if you are using stamps you can resize them.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

...I thought I must use stamps to put images onto images...
    It worked to this day, probably because I used smaller images as Stamps.
    Thanks, this way it works smoothly, and it makes so much sense!
    fyi the resizing of the stamp does not work here, I always got the same deformed image wathever size I choose.
    Probably because the image is too big for the stamp tool.

So it is second solution: dumb user sorry and thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Egheal; June 25th, 2022 at 13:31.

Thread Information