FG Spreadshirt Swag

Help Automating NPC Effects (Offense Abilities)

I have been trying to find how to get NPC abilities to work properly.

I can create an ability for a PC that lets me target creatures and force them to make a save.
    I can also have NPCs use spells that force their targets to make saves.

But it looks like all of the other NPC abilities that require saving throws DON'T WORK.

Like, the Silver Dragon from the Alien Archive: His breath weapon doesn't work. It tries to roll an attack to hit instead.
    In fact, no matter where an attack or ability is listed, it will not parse to a clickable action unless there is an opening parenthesis "("
    And it will always assume the first number before is the ATK bonus, and the first number after is the DMG.

It feels like I have checked everywhere to try to figure this out, but I can't even find people mentioning it as a problem.
    The wiki DOES mention formatting attacks, saves, conditions, for NPCs, but the format doesn't seem to work, considering none of the NPCs imported from the Rule Books or APs work.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...vanced+Effects

I assume the info from that wiki page is just copied in part from the 5E page below
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ced+Automation

Even more interesting, it seems that such functionality is currently being added to Pathfinder 2E, as of March 22.
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...ity+Automation

And based on this image, it looks like there is currently a way to format it correctly in 5E so that it even works in the combat tracker.
    FG 5E Combat Tracker w_ Philip Greig.png

Can someone help please. If this should work, please show me how to do it.
    If this isn't supposed to work on purpose, please can we upgrade FGU so that it does work for Starfinder?
    I love Fantasy Grounds and just want to be able to use my NPCs' abilities.

5e and Starfinder are two different rulesets with very different capabilities. Starfinder's combat tracker entries for their special abilities and spells don't parse the data and work as 5e does. For more fine tuned functionality, currently, you will have to operate from the spells tab from the NPC record. As the ruleset is currently in maintenance mode and not receiving any new upgrades, it may be some time till this gets circled back and inspected and addressed.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thank you for the quick response and suggestion. Bummer for now then, but I can always hope for the future.

Thread Information