FG Spreadshirt Swag

Adding items to a module

Bear with me if this has been answered before, but I have been searching and haven't yet found that answer.

I am trying to build a module of maps for random encounters so it can be available for any future campaigns I run. I am building this in a campaign I call "Testing", where I develop new resources and practice using new techniques I learn. My intention is to add any new random encounter maps I create while running other campaigns to the larger module in the Testing campaign. What I have found so far is that the best way to do this is to actually edit the module's .xml file. It appears to me that these xml files are the ones contained in the moduledb folders of each campaign. The information for each item seems to be bracketed by <id-XXXXX> and </id-XXXXX>, where XXXXX presents some integer. If I make a module of a single map of an existing module, it looks like the information inside those brackets is the same for the singe map and for the complete module. My questions are:

1. If I make a copy of the bracketed information in the module of a single map not already in the collection module, can I paste it into the collection module to add the new map into the collection module?

2. It looks to me as if each of the maps in the existing module have unique id's. Do these id's need to be preserved if I copy a map into the collection module?

3. If I successfully change an existing module which had previously been loaded into another campaign, do I need to unload and reload the module in the other campaign in order for the changes to be noticed in the other campaign?

I am sure to have more questions as I try things out.

The best way to do this is to make a special campaign that encompasses all the maps and data you want to share between campaigns. Then, use the Library->Export feature to create a module of all the records you want shared.

Once created, you can open the module in any other campaign to use those records.

If you want to add more records to your module, open the original development campaign, add the new records, and re-export the module.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    See the link in my signature about Adventure Modules (its a little out of date, but if you have suggestions or see shortcoming, let me know in tat thread). There is a whole section in there about Development Campaigns.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information