FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
    I will verify that your safety checks work and Polymorphism no longer has any issues when having damage failed concentration save expiring the concentration effect and triggering the polymorph change of nodes. So thanks for that. I'll have to recheck all my extensions individually as addNPC is now giving some nil call errors in things like Death Indicators. I could tell lots of things got shifted around so will have to sort through and figure out how to get things back to working.

Are there any other major extension breaking changes to TEST coming up before july 12?
    Free(Forums/Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):
    Paid (Forge) Extension(FGU 5E):

Regarding post #17 and #18, I'm talking about removing CombatManager.setCustomDeleteCombatantEffectHandle r call in your code, then updating the replacement function to look like this:

Code:
    function onDeleteCombatantEffectEvent(nodeEffectList)
    	.... Do your normal stuff .... 
            .... Call your polymorphism specific code that you used to register with setCustomDeleteCombatantEffectHandler ....
    end
    Regards,
    JPG

Regarding post #21, we're working on streamlining the process for registering new record types for combat, in order to support vehicles in combat for 5E. (i.e. upcoming Spelljammer release).

For the addNPC, there are now hooks to get/set the record type handlers, as well as postAdd record type handlers. (See 5E ruleset for CombatRecordManager.setRecordTypePostAddCallback).

The next step for adding 5E vehicle combat support is updating the CT UI to support vehicles; as well as updating all actor/roll functions to correctly handle vehicles as actors/combatants. I'm not sure if any of those changes will be in test yet, but I'm leaning towards after this Test release doing an immediate second cycle to finalize for Spelljammer (which releases in mid-August).

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Regarding post #17 and #18, I'm talking about removing CombatManager.setCustomDeleteCombatantEffectHandle r call in your code, then updating the replacement function to look like this:

Code:
    function onDeleteCombatantEffectEvent(nodeEffectList)
    	.... Do your normal stuff .... 
            .... Call your polymorphism specific code that you used to register with setCustomDeleteCombatantEffectHandler ....
    end
    Regards,
    JPG
    No need your guards in those areas fixed all the problems. Now I'm hunting why all my NPC action lines are blank in the NPC change to Ape - and why on change back 1/2 are blank in the original NPC it was polymorphing from. I'm assuming this last load of changes has shifted all sorts of things around messing up the overrides involving those areas - which means a number of my extensions will need to be rettested (and likely have this same issue). I'm guessing someone shifted the npc record xml or lua stuff around rendering any overrides bugged.

The overrides are continuing to work in the layered rulesets (because I specifically tested for layered rulesets which have not been updated); so not sure why yours wouldn't work.

Can you provide another specific campaign example? Or will the previous example show the issue?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    The overrides are continuing to work in the layered rulesets (because I specifically tested for layered rulesets which have not been updated); so not sure why yours wouldn't work.

Can you provide another specific campaign example? Or will the previous example show the issue?

Regards,
    JPG
    The sample will work fine - when the kobold is turned into a Baboon just hit CT (sword) to bring up the actions list - they will all be blank. Transform the baboon back to its original kobold entry and you will see all or some blank (in my usual campaign I have more complex NPCs with spells and things and not all the action lines were blank).

BlankActionLines.png

Note - a lot of functions got deprecated and shifted around when I did a diff on latest code drop in TEST - so this may all be tied to stuff I just have to adjust too. For sure I've seen error in another extension with addNPC being nil which was not there last release.

How is line 347 getting a stack overflow after this last TEST release? I fixed one of my new issues caused by CombatManager2.addNPC being removed - but this one I'm not understanding. The function should still be there and working as it did previously.

Code:
    header:
    	Line   24: local saveaddNPC = nil;
    onInit() stuff:
    	Line  151: 		saveaddNPC = CombatManager.addNPC;
    	Line  214: 		CombatManager.addNPC = saveaddNPC;

Functionality:
    	Line  347: 	local nodeNewCTEntry = saveaddNPC(sClass, nodeNPC, sName);
    This one also:

local nodeCT = CombatManager.addNPC(sClass, nodeNPC, sName);

Something is broken in this.

[Postedit - did not find it - error occurs in new way this is working in TEST - but its a stack overflow where a print shows it calling it for the same operation over and over till it gets the stack overflow]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 28th, 2022 at 10:34.

Actually, it does get returned if you're overriding the old CombatManager.addNPC:

Code:
    function addNPC(sClass, nodeNPC, sName)
    	local tCustom = { sRecordType = "npc", nodeRecord = nodeNPC, sClass = sClass, sName = sName };
    	CombatRecordManager.addNPC(tCustom);
    	return tCustom.nodeCT;
    end
    JPG

[QUOTE=Moon Wizard;654296]Actually, it does get returned if you're overriding the old CombatManager.addNPC:

[Postedit - did not find it - error occurs in new way this is working in TEST - but its a stack overflow where a print shows it calling it for the same operation over and over till it gets the stack overflow]
    Last edited by SilentRuin; June 28th, 2022 at 10:34.

Thread Information